Recent content by samsty

1. samsty

Iron Horse Sunday Medium SOLD

I just sent you a PM about this one. :)
  2. samsty

Victoria; the current situation.

Welcome to Victorian DH! I'm sad to hear that you have found hostility in the scene. I think maybe you have bumped into the wrong people. :P Reading one of the earlier posts it mentioned Barjarg as a riding spot to check out. Please keep in mind that as much fun as this place is, it is on...
  3. samsty

How to going on the Barjarg track?

I'm not sure if you are wanting to know what the track looks like or if you are looking for instructions on how to get there.... If it is seeing what the track looks like then simply search "Barjarg" on youtube. If it is directions to get there then try this link...
  4. samsty

Barjarg online entry closes wednesday 9th

Just to make it easier for you all, here is a direct link to the online entry. https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=1039
  5. samsty

Bowden Spur Kinglake - Shepherds DH trail.

Last time I rode Kinglake was a fair while back but the shuttle road was fine. It is dirt and a bit rough and the turnaround was not good. However, I hear that the turnarounds will be fixed up so shuttles will be fine on this road. Although, I do remember some sharp corners and the road being...
  6. samsty

VIC Kona Victorian Downhill Series FINAL

Looks like the track would have been a bit of fun to ride. Just backing up what everyone already knows, this is the best series in the country. Great work to all involved making it happen. I am already looking forward to what next season holds for us...
  7. samsty

Bowden Spur Kinglake - Shepherds DH trail.

Count my vote in for somehow naming it after Danny. As everyone has already mentioned, Danny was one of the nicest guys we have ever had in our sport and being a local makes it very fitting. A great way to honour a legend of Victorian mountainbiking.
  8. samsty

Mt Buller - All you need to know

Limited parking won't be an issue for the National round as the numbers that attened them are so small compared to the Vic rounds. The carpark at the main village is great however the idea of walking up the hill to get to spurs does not excite me one bit. Yes, call me lazy or whatever you want...
  9. samsty

dh tracks in victoria

When you say "heading down" I am assuming that you mean you are coming from up north somewhere. Well, if that is the case make sure that you check out Mount Beauty as it probably isnt going to be far out of your way. It is great fun, open to the public, and has a few different tracks. Narby is...
  10. samsty

Who's making the money off National races?

I haven't been to a National round in years so I am not sure what level of first aid they have there these days. But, the level of first aid at the Vic series is what I would consider very high. To give you an idea of the level we used the last VIC round that SMBP ran the first aid cost up...
  11. samsty

VIC DH Series

Calm down guys... Youies boys will be busy getting everything ready for the opening round. It's still 5 weeks away and I am sure that the online entries will be advertised sometime soon. For those looking for the event dates check this link: http://www.vicdhseries.com/article.asp?articleID=1257
  12. samsty

2011 world champs Champéry - Switzerland

Has anyone got a direct link to the SBS live feed (or any other sites streaming it)? I want to have all streaming sites saved in to my favorites just in case freecaster has issues.
  13. samsty

Copperhead Flow Down trail @ Mt Buller, just a get you frothing a little.

Mt Buller actually doing a new DH trail??? Wow... I never thought that day would come. After Buller becoming such a let down over the last decade with the same old tracks getting more flogged out and even more boring every year, it is great to finally see something positive going on up there for...
  14. samsty

11/12 VIC DH Series

Coordination at its greatest! (just for the record the Vic series dates were announced well in advance to the National series)
  15. samsty

11/12 VIC DH Series

I would love to see more steep and technical tracks in the series. However, as previously stated. There really aren't many tracks in Vic that fall into those categories. The committee really only can use what is available and on offer.