Recent content by saddlesore

1. saddlesore

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

The "highlight" of my race was doing the first lap, after a bit of a sprint was in a nice position, guessing maybe in the top quarter of competitors, it was a bit of a train but the pace was good and was happy with it considering it was the first lap and everyone had started together. Then...
  2. saddlesore

RIP James Williamson

Terrible News Condolences to his family. Can't take anything for granted that's for sure.
  3. saddlesore

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

So how long will a lap atake an average rider, was taking around an hour at the Scotts for a similar disatance but haven't ridden out at Sparrow. Assuming will be similar as while not having that huge uphill, not having a big dowhill either?
  4. saddlesore

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

Weather I'll take mid to high 20's during the afternoon if it means that its not to cold at night. After the Scotts i learnt that 3am rides after an hours sleep do not go well with freezing weather. Very excited we are only days away now!
  5. saddlesore

JetBlack twenty four hours Sydney 2010

Fun times I really enjoyed the 2 laps i managed to get out, as the last rider of our 4. Our 2nd and 3rd riders finished their 3rd laps on saturday and indicated it was risking the fates to head out on the downhill section so was happy to pull up stumps and hit the beers.My teammates gave me...
  6. saddlesore

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

We're In Have my team registered, like how you can enter however many names you like, we haven't confirmed our 4th rider yet so left blank but still can progress through and pay up. Bring on March!
  7. saddlesore

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

Bugger Yep think the system is melting down. Good to see not the only one its affecting though. Well the positives are that at least we have team names and captain....
  8. saddlesore

JetBlack twenty four hours Sydney 2010

Course Length Are the laps going to be 7.5km? How will the congestion be on that length if there are a lot of riders? especially on the hill incline if its single track.
  9. saddlesore

Scott 24hr 2009

First Timer It was my first mtb race, have been doing adventure races for the last year (bought a bike 13 months ago). Competed in a team of 4 with all the boys being in exactly the same situation. Really enjoyed it, though was a little hard to get out of bed for my night laps, apparently...