Recent content by powermutant

1. P

What track / trails do you miss?

I'd forgotten about Bernies I & II.
  2. P

What track / trails do you miss?

Old skool Bulli and Lizard Rock, Oxford falls. Sharks were optional.
  3. P

Cornering: clips Vs flats

I suspect it's because flats force better technique. You can't be lazy and are forced to weight the pedals or have your feet go flying. But then in complete contradiction it's easy to pike and not corner feet up.
  4. P

Mt York Trail Conditions

Lockyers is the most buff I've seen it in 15 years. First time I've cleared the trail without pushing.
  5. P

WTSFLC Ride Thread.

<grave dig> Seeya J@se. First ride this week in 5 months. Riding bikes is fun </gravedig>
  6. P

Norco EXC 1.0 FS

In all seriousness, something that fits. You're not going to go wrong with any modern air-shock (preferably with a platform). I've got a 2.0 that came stock with a manitou radium and it's been fine (maybe not uber-plush but good damping support). I have a new unwanted radium sitting in the...
  7. P

NSW ***sold***

Item: 2010 Specialized Pitch (Medium) Location: Wollongong, Sylvania, Mount Victoria (NSW), will send interstate at buyers expense Item Condition: Very good. Little use. Reason for selling: Walking accident shoulder surgery. Price and price conditions: $1100 Extra Info: None. Pictures...
  8. P

WTSFLC Ride Thread.

Southern shuttles. w/end 23/24.
  9. P

Europe?

You'll find a shedload of info on the internet. There's a least one book and several mags detailing Euro bike parks. Stacks of riding and rentals throughout the Dolomites. Finale Ligure is huge. You have to drive past at least 2 cool Slovenian bike parks to get to Austria. And if you...
  10. P

WTSFLC Ride Thread.

Bottom of Holy 8:15am Saturday 19 jan. In: Josh, Josh's mate, Doug ?: J@se Out: Shagger Declared start is Holy and move on if desired? I'd prefer Drift/Kembla, but it aint my gig. Note: Keira Rd is closed at the scout camp.
  11. P

Downhill PSI Tyre Pressure

For low pressures my anecdotal observations are that DH tubes offer significant pinch flat resistance over other tube types, especially on rocky terrain.
  12. P

Cracked rear swng arm

Have you checked with Scott and the local importer? You never know your luck. I got a swingarm for an '02 Norco in '09. Of course 1 week later someone sold a 2nd-hand frame on ebay for less.
  13. P

Wollongong DH Status?

You sure? The booter at the bottom of Thirroul has been hacked to pieces and replaced with a molehill.
  14. P

WTSFLC Ride Thread.

Hooray! Post-5pm next week (Mon-Thurs)? As nice as Keira and Brokers are the extra xc locale is welcomed back. Mid-week evening 'gong shuttles? Dobbo? Shagger? Bueller?
  15. P

WTSFLC Ride Thread.

I know it’s Neil’s weekend, ‘cause I’m in the mountains this weekend. Dragged the bike out of the garage for the first time in over a month for a couple of runs of the top turns at Austi, Sunday arvo. I like the tweaks that have gone in some time in the last 2 years. Lots of others out...