Recent content by PiE

1. P

Buying a e-bike online, risky?

Probably too much for me too but all weighed up was the best value I could find. I've seen older deals of $5000 with 720wh battery which would be a bargain too. The problem at this point is also stock levels. A lot of the places selling cheaper will only have XS/XL sizes, or if they do have...
  2. P

Buying a e-bike online, risky?

Literally my same position. I've been researching and comparing prices for the past month or so with that same general budget. The only non Polygon/Marin/odd brand bikes I've seen sub-6000 are Merida and Norco. I almost went for a 2022 Orbea Wild H30 for $6000 but in the end the 500wh battery...
  3. P

The eeb quick or stupid questions thread.

Cheers mate, I'll keep an eye out for some Norco sales in the meantime. Still hoping they drop to under 6000...
  4. P

Thanks mate. That bike is a 2023 Rise isn't it? Bit lighter than the Wild from what I've read. So you'd recommend the Norco Sight over this, if they were similar prices?
  5. P

Yea the battery is what's putting me off slightly. Having said that, I'm not a big fella (75kg) so the motor wouldn't be hauling much. The other option would be to wait for a Norco Sight A2 with battery to go on sale for $5500-6000...
  6. P

Been out of the game for a while, looking at an ebike to get back amongst it. Have locked in a new 2022 Orbea Wild H30 for AUD$6000 - should I go it?
  7. P

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Cheers mate. All up what did the frame + delivery cost, if you don't mind me asking?
  8. P

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Where did you guys order your Privee Shans from? Beauties.
  9. P

Help with my first MTB

Agree with this. A newbie buying 2nd hand (without help) will end in tears 9 times out of 10.
  10. P

NSW Sold

Item: 2012 Specialized Camber 29 (Medium) Location: Sydney / Wollongong Item Condition: Excellent. Recently serviced by Velofix. Well looked after. Reason for selling: Too many bikes / want a hard-tail Price and price conditions: $1200 ONO Extra Info: Upgrades: SLX brakes, brand new MT66...
  11. P

giant XTC ~ advice needed; should i buy one???

Actually looks pretty sweet with the mods. Fairly eye-catching so make sure you get a good lock for Christmas!
  12. P

Balmain / Rozelle group?

On a side note, what bike shop do you all use in the area? I've been going to Velofix since I moved, mainly because they're so close to me. Very nice guys and they know their stuff but definitely roadie focused. Any more MTB oriented stores around?
  13. P

Balmain / Rozelle group?

Would be happy to help out if it got the support / dirt.
  14. P

Balmain / Rozelle group?

Good thing you posted those jump alterations, I woulda just barrelled in there as usual and flipped my shit/self. When you say arvo, are we taking 6pm+ or earlier?
  15. P

Balmain / Rozelle group?

Can't edit title I'm afraid! I'm usually around weekends, if you see a guy on a blue Giant Reign grab me.