Recent content by OTH Dave

1. OTH Dave

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Actually it was on Saturday, but I installed my rebuilt forks and rear wheel. Fit 4 damper, new seals etc fitted to fox evolution forks on my Trance. Completely transformed the bike.
  2. OTH Dave

Snakes

The snakes are certainly out and about in Qld at the moment. Have seen 4 in the last 2 weeks mostly pythons. I was at Hiddenvale 2 weeks ago and rode past a 2m brown snake lying in the short grass beside the track. Didn't really see it until I was beside it ( less than 2 feet from its head...
  3. OTH Dave

The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Set my goal for the year at 1500 klm of dirt only. So far not looking good and am sitting at 433. A combination of being so hot in Brissy in Jan to March and then having to get the house finished to put on the market has really eaten into any available time to ride. I have entered a 50k XC...
  4. OTH Dave

Trouble with shimano 1x11

I have same setup and after a few months from new started to skip and jump gears. Check for gear cable tension / stretch. This fixed mine in seconds. Not sure about low gear Issue. Could be B screw, bent hanger etc as mentioned above or maybe even chain alignment or offset. check also that...
  5. OTH Dave

Bike Xmas presents

Received an 11 speed XT drive train with absolute Black 32 tooth oval chain ring. Going to be fitted to my 2014 Trance x. Hopefully get it installed this afternoon after giving the 2 x 10 its last run. :happy:
  6. OTH Dave

percentage of riders who use Strava

I basically do the same. Allows to keep track of number of Ks for the year, elevation / climbing stats etc. It also has a function where you can set up several bikes and it tracks the Ks on each type ie I have it set up for All mountain, Cross country and road bike. I can judge then when they...
  7. OTH Dave

FOUND Here's one for anyone thats had a bike stolen in Queensland....

I'm going to show this to the Misses next time she complains that I have too many bikes in the house.
  8. OTH Dave

Chain reaction cycles

Friday lunchtime I placed an order with CRC for tyres tubes, tools, chain ring etc. Free tracked postage via Skynet as order was over $100. Tuesday 10.30am it arrived on my desk at work. That was very impressive. :dance::dance::dance: orders from Australian sites take longer now due to Aust...
  9. OTH Dave

upgrading brakes

Not sure what you are upgrading from. Just bought a set of these for my XTC and for the Trance as well. Great stopping power and feathering. $69.19 per end for Shimano SLX 675 I spec 2 B with I tech finned pads. Extra for rotors etc if you need them. Great value and very good product for $140...
  10. OTH Dave

Rotorburn Brake Banter

Those ones from merlin still work out to be a black silver combo. I was recently trying to find a pair of same colour ones and couldn't. Ended up getting the SLX 675 ones from Evans cycles for $128 for the set. Bargin, and I am very happy with them. Previously had Elixer 5s and sick of the...
  11. OTH Dave

Now that's a scrub!

Awesome control in the air. Just had to keep watching it over and over.
  12. OTH Dave

Saddle similar to wtb devo?

Have a look at WTB Rocket Sport saddle. Similar dimensions and a bit more padding. I have one on the XC bike and it is a good compromise of weight vs padding and is basically the same size as the Devo. I haven't ridden on the devo so can't really compare the fit shape. I have the WTB Pure...
  13. OTH Dave

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

New Tires for the Trance. DHF front and Ardent rear. Can't Wait to take it for a spin. Should have some mega grip after rolling around on old Nobby Nics for way too long.
  14. OTH Dave

how often to swap chain on roadie?

About to change the cassette and chain. Have full shimano 105 gear, 2 x 9 speed original on the bike since 2004. probably done about 4 - 5000ks in total. Pretty much due for a new one I think. Derailleur is all good but chain has stretched well past its limits. Hoping to get 12 years out of...
  15. OTH Dave

Dropper Post offset

Chris I have the remote lever Dropzone model on the XTC and it works a treat. Very easy to use. I have externally routed it using cable ties under the top tube and located the lever hard up against the clamp on grip. You can actually replace the clamp on grips with the lever clamp for some grip...