Recent content by ojc

1. O

Manitou mattoc expert 26inch fork

I have exactly these forks - they are awesome, like the others have said. Reliability seems to be good too. Nearly all the issues on the MTBR thread are related to the initial assembly, not the long term reliability of the forks. The early batches were the worst, which is what CRC are...
  2. O

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Yeah, go for the 20" unless you like bikes with a short reach. I'm 6' with shorter legs. I had an 18" On-One Inbred (with 150mm forks) and the reach was too short making it hard to get my weight back on descents. Quite a few OTBs as a result... I replaced the frame with a 20" Ragley Blue Pig and...
  3. O

WTB: 20mm Post Mount Front Brake Adapter

Item: 20mm Post Mount Adapter Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney - or will pay postage Need a 20mm post mount adaptor - what you'd need to fit a 180mm disk to some xc/trail forks. If you have one lying around I'd like to exchange for some beer money and save me buying a new one... Or I can...
  4. O

Few days to ride in Europe, where to go?

Morzine is probably the closest you'll get to a Queenstown or Whistler... I've been there twice - it's quite DH oriented but there are AM/enduro trails if you know where to look. Great apres-bike scene, lots of bars and life and plenty of bikers there from the UK so you'll have no trouble...
  5. O

DT 240 but what rim? taco-ed rear rim today, or get flow ex on hope???

From that description it sounds like you need a tough rim and the EX471 fits the bill... Tyres are optional with that rim! http://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-aaron-gwins-flat-tire-flyer-world-cup-2014.html When I re-built my wheel, the rim and 30 DT Swiss spokes cost about $100 + shipping...
  6. O

DT 240 but what rim? taco-ed rear rim today, or get flow ex on hope???

DT Swiss EX 471 are another option, particularly if you have 28-hole hubs like me. They are more difficult to source in Australia. Bike24.com & wheelbuilder.com have em if you can wait a week or so for delivery. I recently had to rebuild a 28 spoke DT Swiss 350 straightpull hub so DT Swiss...
  7. O

STOLEN YT Industries Wicked 150 - NSW, Milson's Point.

To be fair to him the photo was taken from up high in a car park and if it wasn't for the pedestrian ramp in the back ground I'd have had trouble.... Turns out there aren't many pedestrian ramps in Sydney so Google maps + street view was pretty helpful in figuring out where it was taken! But...
  8. O

Pretty good, though he'd swapped my nice Race Face bars for some nasty narrow XC-style bars and put on some mutant looking saddle... I've replaced both of those! The main damage was to the rear wheel. The wheels were set up tubeless and I guess had gone flat so he put tubes in, except he gouged...
  9. O

Some good news on a stolen bike thread for once - my wife and I managed to get this bike back so if you see it out on the trails, don't worry it's back with it's rightful owner! We posted "Reward Offered" ads all over the net and after a while an "individual" got in touch saying he'd seen the...
  10. O

Not tripping traffic lights

Apparently having a strong magnet on the bottom of your bike can work - I haven't tried it myself, someone wrote an instructable about it... http://www.instructables.com/id/Trigger-GREEN-Traffic-Lights/ It makes sense though, a lot of these traffic lights use induction loops which sense a...
  11. O

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

My Ragley Blue Pig, raced to second place (out of only three hardtail riders!) at the Rollercoaster gravity enduro last weekend. Great race, well worth going to the next one. This bike is a rebuild of an older On-One Inbred (frame broke... :-S) and rides even better. - Revelation 150mm...
  12. O

Bike has now been found... See the reply below... :) REWARD!!! My YT full sus has been stolen over the last couple of days - only just noticed last night.. Gutted. No insurance either so it'll be a while before I can think about replacing it. It's a very unusual bike for Australia, it was...
  13. O

Wanted: Spare I-Spec bolts....

Mas2 was able to help me out - thanks!
  14. O

Cool, thanks! I'm in Sydney.. Neutral Bay area..
  15. O

PerthMTB, thanks for the explanation and the correct part number - good to know exactly what I need. Minlak, if you do have those parts spare after Friday that would be a major help.. I'll pay the postage and for a beer or two! :) Thanks!