Recent content by ninjasstolemytv

1. N

Yarra Trails regulars

Hahah yes been meaning to do that. Ridden up 1/20 many times but never went about the trails up there or even the gravel. The dirt there looks beautiful, very keen to ride. Only problem's all this road ridings gonna wreak havoc on the ardent. Miss living a minute ride from the trails
  2. N

Yarra Trails regulars

@forkingreat Got added to their group, will probably do some rides with them at some pt. Heathmont. Great location but now thinking i gotta pick up the roady. Rode hans the other day and it's just as good as I remember. Lysty the other week when it was dry was fantastic. They did...
  3. N

Yarra Trails regulars

Do Summit usually just ride YT? Just moved back here so pretty disconnected with the whole scene. Rode mullum the other day and it's absolute ass now. Don't want to have to drive from ringwood to lysty every time I want a ride, so does anyone know if any local/easily ride-to-able spots exist...
  4. N

QLD sold

Item: Giant XTC Advanced SL 29er 1 2013 Location: Albany Creek Item Condition: Good. Just serviced, some cosmetic scratches (top tube, drive side chainstay, non-driveside seatstay), frame is still 100% structurally Reason for selling: Upgrading Price and price conditions: 1500 neg. Extra...
  5. N

Crack on XTC Advanced seat stay?

The only thing I'm concerned about is that the affected area makes a more muffled noise, tapping with a coin, than the other stay. But might just be due to the coat. I found it strange though, that I've had plenty of paint chips from crashes on the chainstay and the other seatstay but there's...
  6. N

Good news everyone. Sanded back the area and it looks like the crack was only in the clear coat. The matte grey underneath the matte/glossy black didn't seem to show any cracks so I think I'm good. Will continue riding and monitoring the stay, but I think it was completely superficial. Thanks...
  7. N

If I sand back the paint to check for cracks, is there anything I can use to get the matte black back? Or should I just tape over the stay?
  8. N

Maybe the stick just messed up the clear coat?
  9. N

I'll keep riding on road since its not a massive stress pt, but I'll be weary on trails. I had a race yesterday and remember a large stick bouncing around somewhere, might have something to do with that
  10. N

Mm :( Will take to my LBS when I have time. Hopefully it's no-biggie
  11. N

http://i.imgur.com/CHI4nmj.jpg Very weird place for a crack to be, hoping it's just paint. This is on the non-drive side seat stay, the side facing the wheel. Other stay looks to be fine.
  12. N

Yarra Trails regulars

In case you don't know, you can get into tikalara through the big driveway on Beasley's or the big fireroad perpendicular to the path. Tikalara is basically one massively tall, undulating fireroad/gravel road which turns into some nice smooth ST exiting into a bridge. I think it's a must-visit...
  13. N

Easiest way to replace 120 BCD ring without going bankrupt?

Might get the NW and leave the mech on as a ghetto-guide
  14. N

Hmm so the consensus seems to be Works over RF. The RF is $75, plus $5 of anything so I'm eligible for free shipping on wiggle and the works is $90ish incl. shipping. Will probably get the works, but stingy me is telling me to go for the RF. Anyway, thanks guys for opening my eyes
  15. N

Update: just realized my crank is the X9 crank and has a removable spider (stupid me). Will probably get one of these: http://www.wiggle.com.au/race-face-direct-mount-narrowwide-chainring-for-sram/ Unless I can find something cheaper. Reckon I can run this with my X7 Type 1 mech? Second...