Recent content by Nick 77

1. N

A little bit of advice please

Yes I can get you a photo.....might be a couple of days before I get the chance. Pretty sure I will have a couple of tyres to go on them.
  2. N

Building wooden jumps

Remember you can always build more ramps, in many ways experimentation translates to understanding the language of the perfect transition.
  3. N

The rear discmounts on the Honzo are IS which means you can run 142 mm hubs. Space the post mount with some washers and your golden. There is a conversion kit for this very hack. Your FSA wheels may be able to convert to 12mm axle if so this will work and no wheel dishing is required. I have a...
  4. N

I had a Haro Mary. I never finished it. It was the copper colour. I swapped it for a pair of S-Works shoes. The shoes are worn out but the lust for the Haro continues. Get new wheels as the Honzo would be nice with a wider rear tyre on a wider rim. I also long for the Honzo. Mid travel Hardtails...
  5. N

Another one bites the dust. Cell bikes in administration

Cycling deal in Hallam Vic. has that weird mix of stuff that Cell bike had. Its my understanding the dude running it gets the product direct from Hong Kong. There can be really good items but you need to filter through the lesser items. Service was good, not bought much however. A great place to...
  6. N

Is this 29 worth it?

Steve Jobs, the very fact that you are on this website suggests that the answer to the Anaconda bike is no. As a keen mountain biker you know the first thing you are going to do is want to upgrade something anything which is going to set the wheels in motion. From that point your bike will start...
  7. N

Is this 29 worth it?

Cyclelink have a range of 26 inch frames in addition to the 29er frames which would be perfect for kids by todays standards. Jase is the one to speak too. There was a Crave SS in a small size and a couple of carbon frames. I did spy a couple of intense frames not sure which.
  8. N

Sexy black Yeti

I had an extensive discussion with one of the LDTR members about those very jumps. Short and steep transitions that throw you up as you try to set up for step down doubles at speed? Case city. I am expecting to see some pretty good off's there. How are you finding the 2.5 wide tyres at...
  9. N

Making the switch - help me pick a 29er

YT Jeffsy looks like a nice whip....
  10. N

Is this 29 worth it?

As a Yeti rider I agree, bearings in the original Switch have never lasted a long time. It rides great but requires regular maintenance. In terms of a 29er Cyclelink in Bayswater has some specialized frames behind the counter for under $200.00. Older models but brand new. I have been planning a...