Recent content by Mr Green

1. M

Carbon Rim Brake Pads

I have a set of Chinese Carbon Wheels and use the Blue Lifeline Carbon Brake Pads http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-performance-carbon-road-brake-inserts-pack-of-4/ They work pretty well, but are there any other pads people use that they think are better for reducing heat build up in the rims...
  2. M

SA MTBA National Round 1 - Jared Graves wins Elite men's category

Anyone know of any links to photographers from this round?
  3. M

Post your Roadie

S Works SL4 Picked up the frame fork slightly used and plonked on everything off my oldie. Will slowly replace bits as they wear and funds become available...
  4. M

copperhead buller ? verdict?

All 4 trails featured look pretty good but Gang Gangs looks the best. Looks can be deceiving though...Cant wait to get there and try them all out!
  5. M

Copperhead vid

Nice riding mick.
  6. M

Adjustable seat posts - with remote?

Looking at getting an adjustable seat post for the Trance. There are a few available eg. Rock Shox Reverb, Crank Bros Joplin, KS Dropzone and the Gravity Dropper. I am also aware that Giant have their own model which I believe is similar to a RS Reverb (but I cant locate anyone that will sell...
  7. M

Giant Trance X2 OR Avanti Torrent 2 - advice or experience?

Thanks folks. The Avanti looks much better and cleaner no doubt. But going with Trance, it suits what im going to do with a few cockpit changes eg. shorter stem, adjustable seat post. I have made up my mind.
  8. M

Giant Trance X2 OR Avanti Torrent 2 - advice or experience?

Giant Trance X2 OR Avanti Torrent 2 I have the choice of either bike for the same price, but are having a bit of trouble making up my mind which one to get. I already own a Anthem which I race occasionally but want something with a bit more 'fun factor' for recreational riding. The kind...
  9. M

NSW RedAss NSW DH #4 - Coffs Harbour Results

Woah! shes back!!!
  10. M

Trailbuilding tools and plant

How about this little tank. 1.2 metres wide. More info on attachments etc here http://sutterequipment.com/sutter_500.html
  11. M

House of Lance getting shakey?

I hear there a quite a few Tyler Hamilton 'BELIEVE' t-shirts going cheap if your looking for some chain rags... BTW Lance has tested positive a number of times, he has just beaten the charges a number of times too.
  12. M

Aussies XC Riders Abroad

It would be interesting to see how Trent Lowe fares on the World Cup circuit if he decides to give the road a miss...
  13. M

Building Downhill Jump/Trail

Try to avoid using fallen pine timber to support your jumps and berms. It rots too quickly and your structures turn to shit pretty quickly.
  14. M

Shaved legs on a MTB

That must be a Photoshop! It just cant be true if you believe the macho crap some of the DH crew piddle. DH don’t ever wear lycra, don’t ever ride XC, don’t ever ride roadies, don’t ever ride up hills, don’t ever shave legs, don’t ever drink water... :rolleyes: