Recent content by markgab

1. M

Hope E4 v V4 v M820 Saints

Orange FTW!!! Came from xt/saints and I now own both e4 and v4. Tested e4 vs v4 at thredbo flow trail. Only thing i noticed was the v4s actuation points, it felt like it gripped harder. But it could just be the pads are fresher in the v4s. I guess you really need huge decents to feel the...
  2. M

The Black Knight - Banshee Spitfire 2015

Didn't get those, $150 a side is just too costly =( But man those would look sexy! Update :) I guess they were overkill =X Tested both e4 and v4 brakes at thredbo 3 days ago. Felt like I needed less lever force to activate the brakes and its notability more grippy. Could be the v4s...
  3. M

I got them from crc $273 a side *minus $20 discount) Im trying tech 3 v4 now, the tech 3 e4s are legendary! way better than saints/xt's/xo's i've had.
  4. M

Kona Process 153 :) Green ninja

Been busy lately =( No chance to test this badboy out Got some of its parts, just need to cut some cables etc etc :)
  5. M

Due to other commitments, been out of action lately =( But i got myself new orange parts :happy:
  6. M

All Mountain Tyres

hi guys :) I need recommendations, tyres at thredbo. Last year i ran michelin wild grip r and it didnt suit the conditions there, the tyres felt rather slippery. Am going there next week and need some recommendations :) Ive got 2x HR2 TR EXO 2.30, 2x IKONs 2.35, 1x MINION DH R and 2x Michelin...
  7. M

Opinion of Hope tech3 v4? Vs hope tech3 e4

I was thinking about sram rsc, but so many negatives from their previous models i dare not touch them. Was hoping someone had rsc and hope v4 to compare =X Surprisingly, shimano saints were the best stoppers? Had a set and hated the feeling...
  8. M

Opinion of Hope tech3 v4? Vs hope tech3 e4

So im wondering anyone own both or own the tech3 v4 How is it like compared to other brakes? Thanks :)
  9. M

ACL rehab and return to riding. Brace or no brace?

I had my acl and meniscus done (hamstring 2013). My physio and surgeon told me not to wear a brace during rehab and did mentioned i would get back into mtbing. I started mtb after 7months i think, really depends on the persons recovery progress and their confidence.
  10. M

Brake options: XT, Zee, Saint

You did the right choice! Saints > xt Best is hope though
  11. M

Yea i heard that too :D, cant wait for it to be built! Youre right im just assembling parts atm, would deff lower e seatpost :)
  12. M

So almost a year has past, had a blast with my spitty, it performed well. But in my heart, I always had a thing for kona bikes! When one was for sale I couldn't resist and got the frame :) The spitty would now be my mistress lol such is life. RIP...
  13. M

Thredbo bikeshop stock mtb shoes?

Hiball So i traveled all the way to thredbo and forgotten to bring my shoes. Does thredbo sell platform shoes or the bikeshop there? *yes they do sell fiveten :) thank god
  14. M

My Knee Disaster

Yea i guess im the same almost 2 years i feel my stregth and stabilty is 60-70% pre i jury!!! Its gonna take years i guess :x Thanks for feedback guys :)