Recent content by kona_kona

1. kona_kona

VIC SOLD: Banshee Legend Mk II (Medium)

No size, no sale.
  2. kona_kona

Toowoomba round 1 pics

Are you serious? What the fuck kind of thread is this.
  3. kona_kona

Whistler 2012

It's all on the website bud. Just read over these 2 pages. It's pretty self-explanatory. http://www.whistlerbike.com/rentals/democentre/index.htm http://www.whistlerbike.com/rentals/rentals/index.htm As for 'running out' it's highly unlikely. Their basic rental fleet is huge. The demo bikes...
  4. kona_kona

Whistler 2012

Unless you work for the mountain, have a winter pass or get a discount through local employment then you won't get anything off it. $499 is the early bird and it's $550-something after that (+12% HST) What you see is what you get in Whistler. Punters get no special treatment. Just bring your...
  5. kona_kona

Whistler 2012

You'll pay taxes on it anyway. If you want cheap shit, take it with you or find it locally (Van) Unless you go to Shithorns or one of the absolutely ATROCIOUS nightclubs on offer, it's still cheaper than Aus even with a healthy tip. Usually in the 2nd half of July. August is basically primo...
  6. kona_kona

Want to see why you're not having State Champs Qld ??

graveyard.
  7. kona_kona

AUS Australian MTB Series receives facelift for upcoming season

also.... champs as 2nd last race? Who is going to bother going to Newcastle if you have nationals at Adelaide 5 days prior? Can someone explain the logic behind this, or like every year in the past, was there none?
  8. kona_kona

AUS Australian MTB Series receives facelift for upcoming season

4x is dead, deal with it. It was dead before it was born. Should have ridden slalom instead.
  9. kona_kona

2011 QLD MTB State Championships CANCELLED

Holy shit. For this specific circumstance I retract ALL my comments over the volunteer issue and I am placing the ENTIRE blame on Friz. Friz, upon re-reading this thread it's become apparent you have ABSOLUTELY no idea how to run a mountain bike club, host an event and liaise with the...
  10. kona_kona

2011 QLD MTB State Championships CANCELLED

Well all I can say is that QLD DH, you've dug your own grave. You bitched, you moaned, you jumped up and down. But how many of you did I see at open days, maintenance days etc. I don't at all expect every person to attend every possible benefit function, that's absurd, however many of you...
  11. kona_kona

Whistler thread no. 97879

You may have a penchant for the green instead :P It's still far cheaper than home though hah :clap2:
  12. kona_kona

Yea for anyone else reading and thinking of more than a couple of weeks here, double your maintenance budget. I don't care what you think you'll need, what you think normally break or think you don't ride "all that hard" - double it. If you're only here for a super short trip then it's not...
  13. kona_kona

@ademb I'm not sure where you're going for your booze if you're paying 'similar' to Aus. A nip here his 60ml for starters and if doubles are on special you're getting a pretty strong drink for about $7. You can barely get a rum and coke for that at home.
  14. kona_kona

2011 census

yea mate mark no religion. there's a pretty decent sized movement around the web for it. I'm interested to see if it swings the percentages much.
  15. kona_kona

Yea the rental places are for tourists. I think a lot of people don't realise, myself a little as well, how much of a 'resort' Whistler actually is. It's not some MTB Mecca that someone stumbled over, it's one of the worlds biggest and most popular ski resorts which converts to dirt in the...