Recent content by kidklein

1. K

If you stock it, they will come

One is a Trek concept store. The other stocks Specialized and Giant. The third one seems to stock everything under the sun, yet only "online". Their brick 'n mortar store must be a front for something!
  2. K

If you stock it, they will come

I was questioning this very same thing. Being recently introduced to mountain biking I find LBSs stock particularly brands only. One will only stock Bontrager parts and another only Specialized parts. I was after some Schwalbe City Jets. The LBS have them on their website yet not in...
  3. K

fading disc brakes

Thank you for the helpful (and kind) responses. I guess I was taken aback when the LBS first told me they didn't have a Magura bleed kit, and then immediately insisted I purchase a new front and rear brake set. I agree with the responses and understand that spending any money on an 11 year...
  4. K

fading disc brakes

Hello Rotorburners I am a noob to mountain biking. I have ridden road bikes for 15 years, yet I recently lost a bet (long story) with a mate that rides mountain bikes so I have started riding mountain bikes! So I purchased a second hand 2003 Cannondale. Everything is stock including...