Recent content by Jubas

1. J

Sold 2011 Giant Anthem 29er, with a few tweaks

Thanks everyone - this is now sold! A bit of a bittersweet moment saying goodbye to it, but the new owner will have a great time!
  2. J

It sure is.. Baby #2 arrived and I couldn't bring myself to post it on Facebook and deal with a bunch of random people just yet
  3. J

Finally got around to adding a few pics - just the top tube/seat tube junction at this point. Does anyone know where the lower shock mount was cracking? There's no cracks on the frame, but want to make sure i'm taking a picture of the right spot!
  4. J

Yeah, it's been a fantastic bike. Very torn to let it go - both functionally and sentimentally. Good point on the extra pictures - other frames definitely had issues, but I've been lucky with this one. Will grab some pronto
  5. J

Item: Large 2011 Giant Anthem 29er 100mm frame w/ Fox RLC fork. More details on spec here: http://www.cbdcycles.com.au/bikedetails.php?id=848 Location: Sydney's Northern Beaches Item Condition: Used but not abused - not much use in the last 2-3 years, and serviced regularly before that Reason...
  6. J

Gravel grinder recommendation. On-One Bish Bash Bosh?

I'm using a second hand CX bike as a commuter/gravel bike - running 32mm tires and it suits most of the riding I do (80% on-road, 20% gravel). It's an old Cell Brunswick 2: disc, 1x, hydraulics. A bit of a tank, but that's ok by me!
  7. J

Product Review Henty Wingman

I've been using one for about a year, and it's so-so in my opinion. Definitely the best of what's out there, but there's a size aspect to this - i'm fairly tall (6'2") and getting a suit jacket in there is practically impossible without some pretty serious compression. I also tend to find that...
  8. J

Post your Roadie

haha wtf? Had to do a double take on that first picture! Sure is sexy (the DA9100)
  9. J

Entry level gravel grinder

Ha, indeed.. a Giant TCX with dynamo hub just got posted up for $1k in that group. Can't link it for some reason
  10. J

Might have been me who nabbed it! I snagged it through the 'Bicycle Market Sydney' group on facebook.. not sure if that's your location? But worth keeping an eye on Perhaps a little extreme? https://www.facebook.com/groups/142825039256674/permalink/603801919825648/?sale_post_id=603801919825648
  11. J

There's a lot of good options second hand in this space as well. I picked up a Cell Brunswick not long ago for around your budget. Versatile frame, hydro brakes (although Sram.. eww), running 32mm tyres comfortably. Not the lightest bike in the world, but works perfectly well as my commuter...
  12. J

G Form knee and elbow pads

Picked up a set to wear on a trip to the North Shore and they were great.. light and easy to maneuver in.. took a fairly hefty hit on the elbow at one point - OTB to a rock garden - and came off unscathed. They tend not to get too much use here in Sydney, but nice to have if i'm off travelling...
  13. J

Site access issues recently

Not sure if it's a related issue or not, but visiting the forums would mark all new posts as 'read' after the session, such that when i returned a few hours later, there would only be bold, new posts for those posted in the last few hours. Now, unless i physically tick 'mark all posts as read'...
  14. J

For those running tubeless

haha, my thoughts exactly.. have had to put a tube into the tyre once in the last ~7-8 years. Tubeless really is that good. BUT, when I did, I was 20km from civilization, so really didn't feel like walking out.
  15. J

29er Dilemma

Well, back when they were released, what were the alternatives? There weren't many, and the pricepoint was exceptional. The ride quality was, and still is, fine - it's the geo which struggles these days, but even then, it's not like they're unrideable - there are just better alternatives out...