Recent content by James Adam Theinert

1. J

VIC Sold

Is this a boost fork?
  2. J

S-WORKS ENDURO 650B (custom build)

Yeah I got the frame second hand as it was a warranty replacement for someone that had a frame failure on a enduro from a the long long ago (26er). Ended up getting this frame which is the black/white/blue which was apparently a US only colour scheme. Loving the bike. Its a tractor with the...
  3. J

AM Stumpjumper 6fattie

Bike looks epic. Very interested to see hear what you think of the fattie tyres. The new specialized bikes look great with some decent cable routing, though i am still waiting to see them rid the bikes of the two cables passing under the BB. There has to be a better way. And yes you are...
  4. J

S-WORKS ENDURO 650B (custom build)

Frame - S-Works Enduro 650B Rear shock - Fox Float X (custom fitting for FSR) Just fitted original Cane Creek DB inline for a bit of change. Nightmare to setup but still fun! Front shock/fork - DVO Diamond 160mm (black) Handlebars - Raceface SIXc Carbon 800mm with blue Stem - Cane Creek...
  5. J

Bottom out thread

The moment the main pivot bearing shat itself as did I
  6. J

NEW Flowtown trail - Falls Creek

C'mon summer. Cant come around soon enough. Great to see some nice long descents coming to Aus.
  7. J

Specialized Camber comp 29 VS Giant Trance 27.5

Trance should be more fun for the vast majority of riding especially if looking to do some gravity stuff. Can always lock out the travel if you need more pedalling efficiency but should be ok in a trail mode
  8. J

Derby in Tassi

Cant wait to get down there for some riding. Anyone have any tips for accomodation down there? Worth renting a car or are there shuttles available to get to the different areas?
  9. J

Queentown or Thredbo??

Queenstown hands down!
  10. J

Travel insurance recommendations

Velosure seemed pretty good for me. Saying that nothing went wrong so didn't have to deal with any claims
  11. J

Europe campervan month 2017

Too many options We (3 of us) rocked a large car that could swallow 3 bike bags and the rest of the luggage and then proceeded from Geneva airport to Les Deux (2) Alpes for 9 days (Mountain of Hell), Alp d'hues for 2 days (Megavalance), 3 days in Tignes/Val d'Isere and 10 days in Morzine. From...
  12. J

Which bike would you recommend for riding in Victoria?

Hey Alex, Agree with all the options. They key is getting the opportunity to test the Capra and the other bikes that are ordered off the net. Can definitely recommend a 160mm bike. If you are just riding for fun and want to keep your options open it is the way to go. The technology in the...
  13. J

New bike time!

Selling a Norco Sight Carbon frame on eBay. Awesome rig, very clean just needed abit more travel for Europe trip coming up mid-year. Let me know if keen. I also have the 140mm Pike RCT3 to go with it. Send me a message if still looking for a frame