Recent content by Hud

1. H

ACT (SOLD) 2017 Fox 34 Performance Elite Forks FIT4 (130mm, 29/27.5+, Boost)

Hi mate. Are these still available?
  2. H

Errols loop closed permanently :(

That would be correct. The loop was on Skyline road.
  3. H

It's not related apart from being roughly in the same area.
  4. H

It was always going to happen as it's on private property but rhe owner has died (not Errol) and the executor of the estate has said no more riding. Shame shame but thanks Errol for giving us those trails for so long.
  5. H

Tallarook trails

Hi guys. Planning an out and back ride from Yea to Tallarook. The return leg will be via the railtrail. On the way over I'm planning to ride up Fairview Road from Kerrisdale and descend into Tallarook via Landscape road. In the high country between there are a lot of fireroad diversions...
  6. H

The 29+ movement

I built up a 29+ wheel for my SIR9 with a rigid fork. I used a velocity dually rim and a Vee tyre co Fatmax. Came to the same conclusion as Mitch. Heavy, slow and hard to slow down. slow to change direction and it you have to wrestle it around. At times the grip was so good it was almost...
  7. H

McFlow trails and the decreasing diversity of trails

Everything that can be said has been said. However one thing that annoys me is whenever some new trail is opened, we have a video shot of some group of awesome riders drifting their wheels out on every berm and corner. Sure it looks good on camera with the slo-mo spray of dirt and probably...
  8. H

Post your 29er!

Sir9 Here is my '08 SIR9 in its current guise. (29+ plus) 3inch Vee tyre co tyre mounted to a velocity Dually 45mm rim. Also back to SS ;) Steams along pretty well though the gyrscopic effect is quite pronounced so it needs to be thrown into corners. Grip is great.
  9. H

The Smiths Gully Thread

The one off Wallace used to join onto Errols loop but the link section from the dam was burnt. The section parrallell to Wallace rd was not burnt at all which is why it still exists. I would like to join it up again if I ever have time.. The other section I was talking about is NW of the...
  10. H

The Smiths Gully Thread

Thanks for confirming that. I originally put that trail through there although it was partially an ancient moto trail or something. Need to get out there now that the regrowth has thinned out a bit.
  11. H

The Smiths Gully Thread

Does anyone know if the old trail between Bundy track and [the fireroad loop which leads to the end of Skyline rd] has been re-established? It was annihilated on Black Saturday, but looking on Strava heatmap recently there is a thin line showing a little bit of activity where the trail used to...
  12. H

castlemaine, woodend trails

Camping in Creswick over christmas I rode the GDT to Daylesford one day (50km) and to Ballarat another (30k) Riding from Creswick on both rides was the best way to do it IMO. Finishing with a nice descent into Ballarat was great and to Daylesford was quite an easy journey. The 15km of...
  13. H

YRMTB Social Ride Day & BBQ - Silvan - Saturday 13th October

Thanks for posting this up Steve. I believe there will be a split up on the ride with a longer and shorter option. We are hoping to sign up more members on the day! IMHO you need strength and good balance rather than technical skill. The steep bits are tough but short.
  14. H

Yarra ranges tracks

Join Yarra Ranges Mountain Bikers on Facebook. We are an advocacy group working to legalise and build more trails in the Yarra Valley. We have a good relationship with the local Rangers and land managers. As a matter of fact we are finalising our assessment of the Silvan trails this...
  15. H

VIC Lysterfield Park

It may be possible but best to let things dry out as others have suggested. Silvan will be fine as an alternative after this amount of rain.