Recent content by hoppy2

1. H

Bike storage shed ideas...

I built a similar system with 6 hooks using a sliding door rail system from Hammer Barn. It was $144 for 3m and comes with 4 roller trolleys in the rail. I bought 2 more rollers and used the regular/cheap overmoulded hooks. Probably spent about $170 total...
  2. H

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I found a “trailer hitch receiver tube” on ebay that has about 150mm of 50mm receiver welded to a mounting plate. Cost was $27
  3. H

VIC SOLD Stans Arch Wheelset 27.5 $150 (Hope Pro 2 Evo, 100x15, 142x12) with tyres

If Moorey doesn’t take them, i’ll be next in line.
  4. H

Best reservoir style floor pump for tubeless?

I started with a 2L coke bottle. It worked well but it always felt like it had the potential to take out an eye. I bought a Lezyne Overdrive with the inbuilt reservoir. The only think I don’t like is it’s only got two settings: 1) pump up the tank or 2) release tank pressure/pump up tyre and...
  5. H

dropper post - any issues using with wedge type clamps eg Giant XTC advanced?

Thanks ChrisJC, I just picked up a Cruxi from Jenson too. 7Nm with friction paste. The release lever felt a bit flexy, so I modded an XT front shifter. Really happy with the feel and the ergonomics of the shifter lever, although it is a bit heavier.
  6. H

It's tempting at that price (assuming they come back in stock). I've been waiting for the rumoured 27.2 version of the x-fusion Manic, but who knows if that will be released any time soon.
  7. H

What torque are people running? The sticker near the wedge clamp bolt says 10.2Nm. Will this give the same clamp force, as 5Nm on a regular clamp, or will it be more and bind up the dropper?
  8. H

VIC Fox CTD compression lever

At the moment I'm just looking to buy the lever, in case I decide to go back to remote in the future.
  9. H

RS bottomless bands in the negative spring chamber.

As anyone found a good substitute to the genuine Rockshox bands? When I looked into it a while ago, they were $20 for a pack, which seemed overpriced.
  10. H

VIC Fox CTD compression lever

Have you upgraded your 2014/2015 Fox 32/34 'performance' or 'evolution' series fork to a remote? (Fork with CTD but not trail adjust) I'm looking to go the other way and remove the remote, so need the CTD lever from the top of the RH fork leg. Part number is 210-22-751, but it's the blue lever...
  11. H

Building a single speed bike

Not sure if the square tapers are universal but the frame should be a standard threaded bottom bracket (bsa) so you should be able to get any threaded bb and replace it. Either a 3 piece (like shimano octalink) or a 2 piece with external bb should fit.
  12. H

Looking for a replacement 142x12, M12-1.5 thru-axle.

I just ordered and received a Giant/Dt swiss one from SOS hangers for $50 delivered: http://soshanger.com/epages/box11137.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=33233507
  13. H

Giant's 2016 range

The zero offset dropper post with 2 bolts should be a big improvement for the Trance. I have the seat slammed forward on my 2014 Trance and I think it is better balanced. I've also had the common problem of the single bolt slipping. Interestingly.... the 2016 Trances on the Giant US website...
  14. H

VIC SOLD 2014 Fox 32 27.5 TALAS 140-120mm - OD2

Item: 2014 Fox 32 Evolution TALAS 140-120mm. 27.5" 217mm steerer (OD2) (from XL Trance), with 90mm Giant stem and spacers. Will fit any tapered headtube frame with included 1 1/4" top headset bearing. 15mm axle included. Location: Brunswick - Victoria Item Condition: Used, small scratch...
  15. H

Pikes for a Trance. 150mm or 160?

I've also made the switch from Fox TALAS evo 32's to 150mm Pike's on my Trance 27.5. Riding the Pike's reinforced how bad the O/C dampers in the Fox Evo's are. The HSC is so choked up, they spike on any kind of fast hit. The lack of shimmed rebound makes them pack down through multiple bumps...