Recent content by Gonzo

1. Gonzo

Highland Fling 2011

Did anyone else notice that the 1km to go marker was actually 1.5km out. I wanted to finish quickly when everyone was watching and almost died trying to hold out for the end.
  2. Gonzo

Highland Fling 2011

Hi all what is the course like when it gets wet. Can you run Hutchinson pythons on the rear?
  3. Gonzo

What am I missing? Can I use 29er wheels for road disc brake wheels?

Ive never seen anything from a manufacturer saying that you can't run high pressures on mtb rims. I run slicks on mtb rims at 100 psi and have done so for years without a problem. These are mavic X317 rims which are the lightest rims made by mavic. I would think that with disc brakes you...
  4. Gonzo

Cell Roadie? - a review

I have done some commuting down the M2 and it is possible to ride pretty quick almost all of the way. I can manage an average speed of just over 30 km/h along the M2 and that is by someone who is very unfit on a mountain bike. So it shouldn't be too hard on a roadie and if you have good fitness.
  5. Gonzo

Road Tyres for a XC MTB

No they don't. From the link above: Why do Pros ride narrow tires if wide tires roll better? Wide tires only roll better at the same inflation pressure, but narrow tires can be inflated to higher pressures than wide tires. However, they then obviously give a less comfortable ride. In...
  6. Gonzo

Road Tyres for a XC MTB

Why is that a bad thing. It also may be that slicks are faster and lighter and therefore you are able to push a higher gear. I ride continental gran prix 1" slicks. They weigh 205 grams each which is pretty much the lightest tyre you can get for an mtb. They are real fast, and i have never...
  7. Gonzo

Zipp 404 - Just marketing jargon?

Sort of but not quite. There is a bit of confusion between the terms turbulant flow and unsteady flow. turbulent flow is a type of flow pattern where momentum forces dominate over viscous forces and laminar flow is where the viscous forces dominate. Steady turbulent flow is actually much more...
  8. Gonzo

Keeping your Camelbak clean: Post your trick(s)

I have the used the miltons tablets with lots of success. However don't leave them in the bladder for too long cos they will eat through the plastic. I got a hole in mine form them. I think the same will happen with any chlorine based item.
  9. Gonzo

Sold

Price is negotiable!
  10. Gonzo

Friday Night Winter Track Racing

whereabouts is this track racing?
  11. Gonzo

Sold

Item: Easton Carbon MonkeyLite XC handlebar, Hi-rise Location: Sydney Item Condition: Brand New, Never Used. Reason for selling: Not needed. Price and price conditions: Sold Extra Info: Equivalent to old EC70 risers 25.4 mm clamp size, 660mm wide. CNT carbon composite Reinforced stem and...
  12. Gonzo

sold

What size?
  13. Gonzo

Specialized Enduro FSR SOLD

Hey, can you post the dimensions of the frame, thanks.
  14. Gonzo

It's getting COLD. what winter gear do I need?

What you should do is wait till katmandu have one of their sales, then you can pick up polypropylene thermals for about $15 a piece and they are good quality. I used these during last years mont, and i was riding in the middle of the night when it got down to about 0 i think some people said. i...
  15. Gonzo

Australian over priced XTR cranks!

I think that is what is known as importer. They purchsae all the product required for the country, and then on sell it to the bike stores, while taking small cut for themselves.