Recent content by Get Mounted

1. Get Mounted

Top Shock Bolt Stuck!

Thanks Higiff. I've tried both of those but I'll give them ago again, I'll hit a little harder this time.
  2. Get Mounted

Top Shock Bolt Stuck!

Hi all, I'm sending my Fox DHXRC4 rear shock from my Glory in for a service. My problem is that I'm unable to unscrew the bolt from the top eyelet. It seems to be stuck on one side. As I unscrew it, the far end unscrews from the linkage but seems to push the linkage outboard, whilst the...
  3. Get Mounted

2015 Norco Aurum Carbon (Full Pics)

Wow.... Just when I convince myself to give up wanking these pics come along. Oh well.....
  4. Get Mounted

Giddy UP....... New Transition

Trannies in WA? Contrary to what the online dating sites say, I don't believe there are any Trannies for sale in the West. Is this the case?
  5. Get Mounted

Aurum or glory

Ummmm...yeah because its a DH bike. Go for the Glory fella, the best specs for the $$$ and a World Champs winning frame. The people slating them are those knocking about on Zee gear while I'm shreading on full saint spec and Fox 40's for the same price* * I picked up my 2011 Glory 0 for...
  6. Get Mounted

MTB Hire in Hobart

Thanks fellas, I'll check out Cyclingo. Kiwijohn I appreciate the offer, I'll hit you up for some local knowledge closer to the date (around April). Thanks again lads. GM
  7. Get Mounted

MTB Hire in Hobart

Ahoy all, I'm heading to Hobart for a few days riding next year. I'm contemplating bringing my trail bike over but I'd probably prefer to hire one and save the hassle. Does anyone know if there is a decent mtb hire place (26er, 120-150mm travel) in Hobart? Thanks in advance, GM
  8. Get Mounted

coming back from hernia surgery

I'm recovering from a mesh repair of a paraumbilical hernia two days ago. I know what you mean about laughing, I never realised how much I laughed until it turned to agony! I'm dreading my first sneeze, the operation is similar to a cesarian. My surgeon said it takes six months for the scar...
  9. Get Mounted

In search of DJ's

Hello mate, There was a very short 4X series last year. From memory it was only two races or so. The Goat Farm has a 4X track and there's talk or starting up a pirate race calendar there. There's a fair few DJ spots around Perth, check out the WA MTB Guide book that scratchy wrote and most of...
  10. Get Mounted

Looking for someone to ride with

Hello mate, Hit up the Perth mountain bike club forums and you'll get more luck. As you know it's a vibrant mtb community over west but rotorburn's a prett east coast centric forum.
  11. Get Mounted

DH spots around perth

Yes there is mate. PM me if you move over here and I'll show you some of them.
  12. Get Mounted

Ridng without helmet

You sir are a fuckwit!
  13. Get Mounted

Looking for places to ride In perth

Yeah sure, you could get by at places like Dwelli and Mundaring without a DH bike. If you're hitting the A-Line it just means you have far less margin of error. Try casing the gap at the start of the Dwelli State Track with an AM bike as opposed to DH. Also it will make it more difficult to...
  14. Get Mounted

Which is more neck brace friendly?

The 661 was actually. Not sure about the latest ones but mine was a 2011 and it explicitly stated it was Leatt neck brace compatible. Hence the space between the spine protector and the core saver liner to place the thoracic plate of the neck brace. Furthermore the padding on the shoulders is...
  15. Get Mounted

Which is more neck brace friendly?

I use a 661 core saver with a leatte brace. It works well, the back of the brace slips in the gap between the spine protector and the core saver liner. The gap is designed specifically for this purpose. You just have to cut a small slit in your jersey for the back of the brace to pass through...