Recent content by Gemma

1. G

Reviews reviews reviews!

Excellent! I look forward to reading on. Happy Easter (& riding).
  2. G

Reviews reviews reviews!

Hey Roxy, are you only trying out female-specific gear? I find jump seats good - they're flatter (for the wider sit-bones of females) but still narrow enough at the back so I don't get 'stuck' behind it after a drop.
  3. G

Women's mtb skills days in Adelaide

I think I get what you mean, mamma... facing scary stuff is the only way to overcome that fear. But sometimes it's hard to squash it. I did ride a dirt bike for 5 years, and had some stellar stacks!
  4. G

Well the mtb skills day went off without a hitch yesterday. Sarah Booth handled a diverse group of riders - some junior DH girls, a couple of XC-ers and some elite and sport DH women. I was stoked that everyone tried something new. The young 'uns were impressive - the've attended 2 races so...
  5. G

Introducing the Girls

Perhaps you are one of the few for whom exercise bikes are not recommended, Roxy - something about the equipment unable to provide sufficient challenge?? Hmmm, you've got me wondering what stunts could be pulled off on the bike trainer??!
  6. G

Introducing the Girls

I fully agree with you - it's a pretty funny contrast though.
  7. G

Introducing the Girls

name: Gemma Mayfield age:30 location: Adelaide riding: DH around 3 years (pretty much since I moved here), some FR recently plus some cross country in between times. bikes: Ironhorse SGS DH '04 & still lovin' it, and an ancient P3 when I blow off the cobwebs. stylzzz: whatever's clean...
  8. G

skills day Yep - sorry about that. Thanks for fixing it, as I didn't get time! I'm sooo excited about the Eagle Park event tomorrow - the tracks are lurvely. I'll be sleep-pedalling tonight.
  9. G

InsideLine is hosting a series of skills days for gals who enjoy riding offroad, and are keen to work on mtb skills. Sarah Booth (who rode for Australia at the DH World Championships in NZ, '06) provides instruction to groups on skills such as cornering, jumping, drops and handling rough...