Recent content by Flyboy01

1. Flyboy01

Budget/Value XC race bike

I have this one for sale. I have done less than 250km on it since new(hushed tone:don't tell my wife but I think I have too many bikes). It is a Merida Carbon Big 9 3000. It is all XT spec with a Fox 32mm CTD fork. The wheelset has not been used as I had a Stans Crest set that I swapped onto...
  2. Flyboy01

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

In case you didn't follow on from the actual blog, here are the rest of the Snowy Mtns days. http://dave-livingthedream.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/snowy-mountains-td-training-ride-day-2.html http://dave-livingthedream.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/snowy-mountains-td-training-ride-day-3.html...
  3. Flyboy01

Caad9, that was an epic ride! Great write up. Here are a few more of my training rides. Nothing quite so soul crushing though. http://dave-livingthedream.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/flyboy-epic-day-2.html http://dave-livingthedream.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/flyboy-epic-day-3.html...
  4. Flyboy01

Tour Divide 2015 Hi all. Long time since I have posted in here (at least 20 pages) and I thought I might share some of the riding I have been doing in my prep for the Tour Divide this year. I am time poor like most with too much time at work and chasing kids but have been doing what training I...
  5. Flyboy01

Brand new Fox 32 Float 120 rlc fit fork 26" SOLD

GONE. PLEASE DELETE THREAD. THANKS. Hi All, I am posting this fork for a mate who bought the wrong one(yes, we are taking the piss out of him!). Please phone or text the number below in the post for more information. This will only be available for a week before being sent back to the...
  6. Flyboy01

Border Ranges Bikepacking Just changing the conversation slightly, I managed to get out for a few days on the bike last week. I have cobbled some words and pics together in two posts, here and here Cheers.
  7. Flyboy01

QLD Sold

Hi mate. What travel are they?
  8. Flyboy01

cyclocross

That is a very impressive field. Cyclocross is on the UP. Maybe I need to get my cowbell(and arse) to Adelaide for it.
  9. Flyboy01

Summit Fever, those photos of the high country are amazing. :nod: I will have to get a trip planned for next summer.
  10. Flyboy01

I grew up in the bush so am all too aware of the threat of falling limbs. Just like CBG I am very careful where I set up the hammock, but usually there are plenty of options. As mentioned, you don't need flat ground either. In my Day 4 post on my SEQ ride the hammock is set up between two trees...
  11. Flyboy01

Thanks for the tips Michael. The thing that gets me with a mat is the weight. 26oz is almost as heavy as the hammock itself. I am trying to find the balance between keeping the weight right down but still having a practical, comfortable sleep system. Maybe I just have to spring for the...
  12. Flyboy01

That looks to be a good setup you have Micheal. I am still having insulation problems with mine. I get a cold back unless I use the reflective ground sheet that I made AND my down sleeping bag to sleep on. I have been sleeping in a Sol Escape Bivy which is warm enough for SEQ but probably not...
  13. Flyboy01

Remember to read those books at school though! That is what is helping to pay for my bike packing adventures now, rather than being a true hobo on a bike.......:brushteeth:
  14. Flyboy01

Glad you enjoyed it. I have finished the last day, Day 4 and it is here.
  15. Flyboy01

South East Queensland Bike Packing Trip I finally managed to get out for a bikepack again last week here in sunny south east QLD. The write ups are here.(with day 4 to come when I find some time) Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4