Recent content by FC'n

1. F

Bargain buys thread

Thanks Knuckles - that's good to know. The Cycling deal lady (oops, forgot her name) called me back to inform me that the serial # on the crown is indeed scratched off. I think SRAM mandate this as they don't want OEM surplus flooding the market, and they dont want to deal with warranty, so...
  2. F

Bargain buys thread

OK so the last 1% before I buy this fork. A quick phonecall revealed the following. Cycling deal never see this fork - straight from Taiwan to your door. They cant tell me if it has the Ser# scratched off - does that matter ? probably not. No SRAM 2 year warranty, just a cycling deal 1...
  3. F

Bargain buys thread

Thanks for your help guys - I'm 99% gonna push the button. I dont think I need RCT3, and most importantly I think the blue/orange ones might even match my old bronson mk1 colours. It will certainly be an improvement over my current creak-fest fox 34.
  4. F

Bargain buys thread

Good point - sounds like cycling deal are the real deal based on trust pilot reviews, not some dodgy ebay scammer. Can anyone comment on performance with RC vs RCT3? I never use pedal platform on my current fork so don't care about RC not having that, just damping control through fast rocky...
  5. F

Bargain buys thread

I'm very tempted. Warranty is only 1 year not the Typical SRAM 2 year. Hope they would be the genuine article. Some fakes around according to SRAM. https://www.sram.com/rockshox/authentication-notice#sm.010de6jn1afyezl10pv2kihdurwie
  6. F

1x10 without a chainguide

No worries - thanks for the info.
  7. F

Reverb rebuild fail - throw it in the bin?

I take it that your seat tube is not full of reverb oil? This is a common problem that occurs when the inner seal head o-ring squeezes out of its channel as the seal head unthreads itself. It pretty much happens once or twice a year on my stealth. Fairly easy fix and loctite on the thread slows...
  8. F

1x10 without a chainguide

does sram 10spd X7 shifter work with 10spd zee rear mech? A mate has a shanked X9 rear mech. Looking to go 1x10. Will a Zee mech work or different cable pull? Googled "does zee 10spd work with 10spd sram shifter". Says it works with sram 9spd shifter for 1x9 conversions but not much info...
  9. F

Reverb can't keep it up.....

Often it turns out to be a leak from the inner seal head, caused when the seal head unscrews itself from the upper post and the O-ring squidges out. I have only dealt with stealth ones. Usually I just refill the oil and screw in the sealhead and it works again. Fashioned a "fluid level gauge"...
  10. F

Which dropper??

I've got a reverb stealth. Was great for the first six months, then the dreaded sag issue. One warranty job, $50 postage back to place of purchase. Now the same again. All the money saved buying online gone. Going to fix it myself this time, bit of a pain but oh well. Would buy it from the lbs...
  11. F

Rockshox Reverb problems

I had very similar symptoms and when I removed the post there was a fair bit of hydraulic fluid in the seat tube. Sounds like the lower seal head. If you haven't already, just type mtbr reverb thread into google and look for posts by laterilus who seems to know what he is on about
  12. F

Rock Shox Avid bleed kit compatibility

Short answer version - yes the screws did fit For next time I'd try a big ass bulldog clip to close off the lines. MBR how to bleed avid brakes on youtube is good.......
  13. F

Rock Shox Avid bleed kit compatibility

I used my reverb syringes to bleed my X0 brakes after hose trimming - no problem at all though the clamps that come with the brake kit would make it easier and less messy. Just be very careful when you unscrew the nipples from the bleed ports, have the screw in plug ready to go back in. I used...
  14. F

iso spray and shop towels

Isopropyl I got 2lt for $27 at Altronics in perth. Agree bunnings is a rip for it! http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?search=isopropyl&area=srch&Submit=SEARCH
  15. F

New AM wheel set help

spank oozy evo wheelset Anyone tried the spank oozy EVO wheelset? Gets good reviews on bikeradar and vitalmtb not too heavy or pricey either