Recent content by dragonfly

1. dragonfly

Mont 24 advice

Totally agree. Even if they have "no refund" in their policy, they MUST refund as the service was not provided. The ACCC would be VERY interested in this issue. I suggest people who are annoyed at this blatant rip-off to email/contact the ACCC about this matter. Seriously. No one can...
  2. dragonfly

OnTheGo Canberra 100 MTB Marathon - 9 December - Rotorburn thread

Hmmm, I see what you mean. Clearly it's been done for a reason - esp. when you read what the Kowalskis have to say about the whole mis-information being fed to us by Blackheart. Not good :crazy:
  3. dragonfly

Yes, that's the way to get them to come to your party - flame them on Rotorburn! BTW: that was sarcasm. Maybe if you extended some courtesy in the first place "they" wouldn't be so pissed off. Ever thought of that??? Sheesh, outatowners telling Canberrans et al what to do has NEVER worked...
  4. dragonfly

Why so expensive? What I don't understand is....why is it sooo expensive??? It's one loop, no need to hire showers or food vendors (which always charge top dollar for eats and drinks) and, since we all have to sign indemnity forms, no insurance. And only if you are one of the first 100 to...
  5. dragonfly

Entries Open for 2011 24 Scott 24Hr - 8 & 9 October 2011 at Stromlo

There's always some nutter that wants to be tuffer than the rest! :p
  6. dragonfly

2010 Angry Doctor

Yeh thanks for making a profit from my hard work. As a volunteer at numerous MTB events, I will NEVER volunteer again for a "company" that organises events. Here I am, giving up my personal time (often many many hours) while other people are getting paid to do far less than they expect me to...
  7. dragonfly

Capital Punishment is GO

Maybe next year they could think about holding the event a bit earlier (or later) in the year. Everyone know that winter in Canberra starts at the end of April. That way maybe not some many people will get hypothermia. I can't believe they used that single track at Deek's. That trail never...
  8. dragonfly

Capital Punishment is GO

With all the money that AROC got from those of us who had the good sense not to race, I hope they actually get out there themselves and do some track rehabilitation and not leave it for CORC to clean up their mess.
  9. dragonfly

Capital Punishment is GO

ACT Govt. probably refused to bargain with AROC as AROC would only want to use the tracks and not help with maintenance or further development of safe tracks. Ya can't have everything.....
  10. dragonfly

Majura Pines

Your problem is solved as Sparrow Hill is closed due to logging. Majura Pines is excellent fun, even if the trails aren't marked. Just follow any of the trails up the hill and come back down - easy! And then try a different trail back up the hill and so on. Heaps of variety and heaps of fun...
  11. dragonfly

Cyclists to be forced off the road and onto "shared pathways" in Canberra?

Having been severely harrassed by bus drivers on Northbourne Ave, anything has got to be better than those tossers trying to knock me off my bike. Why do they insist on trying to overtake me to pull in front of me and stop at a bus stop?? Then I have to try to overtake them for it all to...
  12. dragonfly

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

Agreed. After all, we paid $10 PER PERSON for our camp site and then couldn't have a shower when it suited us. What, exactly, did the $10 cover then? Don't get me wrong, I know I have to pay to camp but sheesh they got a minimum of $40 off every team there and how many of them got a shower...
  13. dragonfly

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

As a virgin montie, I thought the weekend was great! A bit of planning on our part ensured we had a great campsite that we managed to squeeze 2 teams into. And as a first timer, to get 3rd in our category (mixed 4 single speed), I was absolutely stoked!! All credit to my team mates ;). But...
  14. dragonfly

Angry Doctor (50km) Entry available - $50

So instead of paying $80 (race fee) plus $30 (transfer fee) you will only pay $50 (race fee) to me and then $30 (transfer fee) to AROC on Saturday afternoon at rego. So you are actually saving $30 off the entry fee! What a bargain!! :D
  15. dragonfly

Angry Doctor (50km) Entry available - $50

I've got an entry available for the 50km event at the Angry Doctor in Mogo this weekend. Original ticket price - $80 Will sell for $50, because you'll need to pay $30 to transfer it to your name. PM me as soon as possible if you are interested - be prepared to transfer/send payment ASAP.