Recent content by dowey42

1. D

Gippsland MTB Lakes Race

Late notice I know (thought it was already posted) but GMTB is holding a race tomorrow Sunday 21st September at Colquhoun, lakes Entrance. Entries allowed on the day. See website for details. Will cover some of the course to be used for the marathon event run by Alpine Gravity in a few weeks...
  2. D

Ves 2014...

Here's the quad copter footage, crashes on the trig (by the copter) and all! Also some good footage captured on go pro or the like here and here this wasn't done by the club but is good footage of the tracks. Enjoy :first:
  3. D

Ves 2014...

Thanks :D Some of the guys saw the footage from the quad copter/drone thing that was buzzing around and said it looks awesome, especially the from the trig. I'll see if it can be posted on YouTube to pass on. Hope this weekend goes well Steve. Family committments keep me away but...
  4. D

Ves 2014...

Thanks to all the competitors for making the race so successful. Vibe was very happy and relaxed through transition. Some magnificent racing and guys and gals there to just enjoy the sport. Top job. (I wonder if the guy in the Sufferfest jersey can speak yet? He was truly spent after that last...
  5. D

Ves 2014...

We didn't have our proper timing system so not all times were accurate but times in 2011 were around 35-37 for the fast guys, avg 40-44 for most. Hope this helps.
  6. D

Ves 2014...

Our timing system and membership data base is written to read directly off the MTBA system. It's an IT thing that I really don't understand but works for our sleek geek.
  7. D

Ves 2014...

With just under two weeks till the Gippsland 6 Hour, time to get your entry in. Head to http://www.gippslandmtb.com.au/index.php/ves-round-blores-hill to enter. Course is the same as the 2011 edition with the addition of the trials track which has been in for the past three. We have listened...
  8. D

Timing systems

Ours at Gippsland Mountain Bike Club is easy to use and can do lots of things, just doesn't meet the cost effective part. We can set it and let it go though. Its an RFID reader and the timing program is written by one of our committee members who has a brain that understands those things.
  9. D

VIC S&J Cycles Erica 3 hour Enduro

Now I understand, just know that it wasn't a raised item. :smile: Happy to hear the race was good. Social Friday night rides happening again/still?
  10. D

I can't ever remember this being part of the race brief for those running races in the series. Up to local people as to what they think is best suited. If its better to run a shorter lap then do so. The hard thing is we just don't know how many will turn up to our races. They've ranged this year...
  11. D

I tried to ride the week after that event...really should've checked the old brake pads, at least it made me stay of the brakes as I had none !!! Not sure if I can make it yet, will hopefully because I missed riding the point to point earlier in the year.
  12. D

VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

That was torture on the last lap, 4th last lap, 3rd last lap .... First two were ok :smile: That new track obviously put in will be fantastic once it beds in and dries out. Thanks to all involved at BSCC. Challenging but rewarding course. Great job.
  13. D

VIC Gippsland MTB Club Events

Sorry guys no-one from the east has gotten back to me yet so I'm none the wiser. I think it may be 2 loops of the main track then out from there out to the vehicle tracks/rail trail and returning to one more loop. But don't quote me. Hopefully I'll be able to post something more...
  14. D

Yep I believe both. I'll get a brief posted hopefully tomorrow. Maps handed out on day of race but you might know the area to give a hand of where it'll go.
  15. D

Clever aren't we :smile: According to locals the rain won't affect the course at all. They've more rain than last week but the new work has really improved drainage. The course will take in some fire roads so won't be too bad if there is too much more rain. I believe the 50 will still take...