Recent content by Dicky

1. Dicky

NSW SOLD - 21" (L) Hybrid - Dirt Cheap

....or not. Now he wants a mountain bike instead. Sorry dude, I tried. Good luck with the sale, I reckon it won't last too long :smile:
  2. Dicky

Yeah that's cool. The price is pretty reasonable, given the condition it looks to be in. Good to see we haven't missed it just yet. Currently trying to find a window of time on the weekend where we're both free. ANZAC Day and surf patrol and work and all that.
  3. Dicky

Keen. Probably. Shopping for an interested but non-bike-world mate. Was going to build him something, but this ticks all the boxes. Give me a day or three to run it past him. I'm on the northern beaches, he's just moved closer to a city job & has Olympic Park on his doorstep. :smile:
  4. Dicky

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

That is absolutely gorgeous. Nice work dude. Shiver SCs seem to be unobtanium now, certainly in that sort of condition. ...the cranks are knives at a gunfight though, they don't suit it at all. Toplines look best on skinny steel. (An excuse to build another bike!) A set of silver or...
  5. Dicky

NSW Sold

Done, sold, collected, cheers!
  6. Dicky

NSW Sold

Still keen... still waiting on a reply...
  7. Dicky

Why doesnt my display pic work?

That or the Oompa Loompas.
  8. Dicky

NSW Fox Float Evo CTD shock - 190x51mm (7.5"x2") SOLD

PM sent....
  9. Dicky

VIC SOLD Free Stuff!!

Bummer. And yeah, update the title ya lousy so-and-so. :P Don't s'pose you could put me in touch with the guy who has it now...?
  10. Dicky

NSW Sold

PM sent...
  11. Dicky

VIC SOLD Free Stuff!!

I'd love that SDG Satellite saddle, but alas I'm in Sydney. It's for a mid-school retro steel Planet X hardtail (blue), with blue Z1s, blue grips, blue Middleburn bits, blue DMR V8s... and the saddle is period correct too. $30 posted, pretty please? I figure that covers postage AND a six...
  12. Dicky

VIC Sold

Got any photos? The one you posted doesn't work...
  13. Dicky

Trek X-Caliber 8 a good entry level bike?

Cell have two complete bike shops in Sydney and Melbourne, and their after sales support will be top notch. I haven't bought a bike from them, but the guy who designed the Awaba (and several of their other rigs) is an old bike shop workmate, and has been heavily involved in the industry and...
  14. Dicky

3x10 cog slip

+1 for review gear choice & riding style. 32:11 (middle ring + smallest cog) is close enough to the same ratio as 44:15 (big ring + third cog, or thereabouts). (Divide the front by the rear to calculate gain ratio, in this case about 2.9). A triple chainring setup has a large number of...