Recent content by Dekkman

1. D

Changing My Top Spacer on FSA Headset for 2011 Giant Anthem X SL???

G'day all, I'm just wondering if anyone has used or seen an aftermarket headest or does FSA make a flat spacer to drop the height on a 2011 Anthem X SL with tapered steerer? I want to keep using the Giant carbon stem I have but the blue anodised spacer on the top of the headset makes this...
  2. D

Vintage Colnago Fixie Build Project

So do you have some final pics all ready to ride? Nice job by the way! DM
  3. D

Anthem X1: Too Hard to Beat in "Bang For Your Buck" Terms?

I have the 2011 Anthem X Advanced SL 1 (carbon frame XT model) which I paid around 4K for brand new. They are going for a lot less than that now so unless you specifically want the 2012 model save yourself heaps and buy one now. I have also seen the 2011 full XTR SL 0 for under 6K, this came...
  4. D

New SantaCruz 2011 bikes

Wow, the Hardtail looks great, not much clearance in the rear stays though, I guess thats the way of the 29er! DM
  5. D

calling "older" riders. who are you, and what do you ride?

I'm one of those old men, just turned 40 last October, never raced BMX but always had one to cruise down the shop on or just ride/play around on. Currently I'm on a GT Pro series 24 but I'm always on the look out for a new stead. Had heaps of bmx's over the years, haro, kuwahara, Tajg...
  6. D

G'day guys & girls!

Cheers Rick, Yes it use to be Melbourne that the nation joked about for it's weather, now it's certainly Qld........ DM
  7. D

Stolen - Last Rufus, Gold Coast

Awesome news you got your bike back, was the bandana with it? Stretcher, well done for spotting it mate! DM
  8. D

Cheap bike website. Very sus (scam?)

Yes it looks suss, another one I noticed during the week was Gober-Store.com very cheap frames, apparently direct from the factory. Has anyone dealt with them before? I've heard someone say before that if it looks to good to be true it's normally fake! DM
  9. D

Name and Shame the tyre kicker!

Tyrekickers are a pain, I've encountered heaps on other sites, you would hope they will buy something sooner or later, I'm no longer sure they will. :( It would also be great if the genuinely interested buyers in a certain article did a bit more homework before asking the most trivial of...
  10. D

Solo 24 Brutal....

Sounds like a great vid, I was already in awe after the reports from 2010 Worlds. And well done Jess Douglas, go the Anthem X! DM
  11. D

G'day guys & girls!

I'm new to the forum, thought I'd say hello. My name is Shane, I love all things two wheels, BMX, XC/FR, and watching DH. Hope to meet more of you on the boards. Cheers DM