Recent content by dbm081

1. D

Courier suggestions

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will make some enquiries with the suggested companies. Cheers
  2. D

Courier suggestions

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone can provide some suggestions for couriering a bike from QLD to ACT? Any help/ideas on cost would be most appreciated. Cheers
  3. D

2013 Tathra MTB Enduro Entries Open (Friday, December 14)

Heard good things about this race and pretty keen to give it a go. I may be blind and have overlooked it - but what are the costs for entry?
  4. D

JetBlack 24 Hour Sydney 2012

Very quiet on the posting front for the jetblack24! Any news from locals as to track conditions etc? This will be my first 6+6 format race - any tips from those who have had a crack before?
  5. D

32:18 SS in Canberra ?

32 : 18 will be fine - it's what I run all of the time down here. Kowen/Sparrow is riding really well at the moment, unless something has happened in the last 7 days? Make sure you ride Big Wednesday and the old home run trails in Sparrow this (Kowen) side of the overpass, and also the new...
  6. D

2012 Highland Fling

42:18!! No wonder the last 10kms was hard! I was toying with the idea of having a crack SS next year, but was thinking 32:18 on the 29er.
  7. D

2012 Highland Fling

What a great day on the bike Sunday was - once again the Highland Fling didn't dissappoint! Great to see the whole town/community get behind the event and contribute to the great vibe overall. I had hoped to go under 6hrs but only managed 6.23, will have to train a bit harder on the hill climbs...
  8. D

2012 Highland Fling

Sounds like all should be good for the weekend then - can't wait!
  9. D

2012 Highland Fling

Forecast is looking like it will be pretty wet in the lead up to the Fling. Anyone know how the tracks in that area hold up after rain?
  10. D

Post your 29er!

Very sweet ride and pretty awesome stock spec Virage! First Avanti I have seen which has made me want one.
  11. D

Stromlo conditions

No matter what tyres you run you might struggle to find any trail to ride with the Scott24 on. For furture reference I think crossmark front and rear would be fine - Or Ignitor front crossmark rear.
  12. D

JetBlack 24 Hour Sydney 2012

I'm in. 6+6 in prepapration for hopefully a solo 24 sometime early next year.
  13. D

OnTheGo Canberra 100 MTB Marathon - 9 December - Rotorburn thread

Capone - have you spent any time with Paul or Alan? Have you turned up to any trail building days with them as a "passionate volunteer"? I may be mistaken, but I don't know what money they are making from their hundreds of hours spent in the forest on the end of a fire rake? Please correct me if...
  14. D

I'm all for the event being run - it sounds like a great concept, however when you are running an event on trails that you have never chipped in to assist building I think the least that could be done is some liaising with the trail builders as a common courtesy. I don't think you could ever...
  15. D

I would have thought consultation with the trail builders/guys who do the majority of the upkeep would have been one of the first things to tick off when planning an event like this?? I hope the organisers get on to that ASAP and try to sort this out. Those trails would be nothing without...