Recent content by davemoss

1. D

Hmba dh round 5 results

If I knew it was your birthday, I would've gone a second or two slower so you could have beat me!
  2. D

1999 World Cup Season

Ahhh those were the days. I remember one of my mates recorded the Maribor DH and Dual Eliminator round off Austar onto VHS for me and I played it back to death!
  3. D

2013 AM races - NSW?

Champion, cheers.
  4. D

2013 AM races - NSW?

Hi, I thought that I had read somewhere during the last few months that there would be an AM race at the Central Coast sometime early in 2013. I can't find where I read this now. Was I dreaming or does anyone know of any such event? I thought it was at Ourimbah but I've never ridden there so...
  5. D

NSW DH races 2013

Hopefully clubs will put up their 2013 dates soon. I can't speak for the Sydney clubs but the Hunter Mountain bike club DH races should be on by the end of January so it shouldn't be too much longer until dates are made. The Awaba track is about 1.5 hours up the freeway, so is a bit of a trek...
  6. D

Contour or Go Pro?

I've got an early model Contour and it does the trick. I would advise to not worry too much about bike mounts - an old tube and some zip ties and you can mount the contour to almost anything. I've strapped mine looking down on the forks and on the top tube looking backwards at the rear shock and...
  7. D

Oh God Rotor Bolt is Stuck

Go to Bunnings tool section and you can get a stripped bolt remover kit for about $10. Basically you drill a hole into the stripped screw, then screw in a another screw that comes in the kit. This has a reverse thread to the rotor bolt and as it tightens into the hollowed out screw, it will...
  8. D

Dungog common

I could be wrong, but I don't think it is allowed. :ohwell:
  9. D

Which conversion headset?

I've got a Jet Black Slammer reducer headset on my Demo. I can't fault it at the moment, everything is going dandy.
  10. D

HMBA DH CLUB ROUND 17th JUNE

Would it be too wet for a build day if racing gets canned?
  11. D

Awaba DH condition - june 2012

If it gets called off, will it be too wet for any maintenance? Maybe August could then be a full track run?
  12. D

HMBA DH CLUB ROUND 17th JUNE

If it's on I'll be there!
  13. D

an odd topic. Grips

I only ever use Oury. Soft yet tough. The only time I ripped a chunk was when I stacked jumping down a set of stairs onto asphalt. You can pick them up for about $15-20 from ebay. The last pair I bought was from NZ and were still cheap with postage. I think the only down side is they are not for...
  14. D

Hmba downhill results 20.11.2011

Great race, I don't if I can shave a few MINUTES off my time to be competitive though!! Did anyone happen to find a pair of red No Fear goggles lying around after the race? I lost my new pair on the first day.
  15. D

HMBA XC Round 10 - Dungog 3 hour

I only saw it whilst it was pouring. I still don't see the point short cutting when you are already soaked to the bone - I was loving it!