Recent content by daazzaa

1. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Consider this resolved thanks greatly to Moorey. Legend.
  2. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Certainly has, is and will :)
  3. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Cheers mate.
  4. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

You must do a lot of upgrades to have so many parts mate! Im in Bendigo, but head your way alot. Will send you a text in the morning. :)
  5. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks mate, will do. I would have made the short trip to Bunny if you had some also :)
  6. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks mate, makes perfect sense and cheap insurance. In the end now I'm thinking of a slight upgrade to deore shifters. Local bike shop said they can only buy the shifters as a set, not individually. The altus set is $70, acera I think $80 and the deore $100. Thinking the doere as it doesn't...
  7. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks. Can I ask why? Should it be just replaced at the same time? Can you buy shifters with the cable also or buy separate?
  8. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Yeh its only for the young fella and he not a $5000 bike of course, may just replace like for like until I learn more about other parts etc
  9. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks mate, stumbled across that site the other day
  10. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Cheers mate, not on that page have requested to join :)
  11. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

On FB? What FB group mate? EDIT...... Thanks mate you beat my a few secs
  12. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks. Yep will stick with a 9speed shifter, Altus or better. I'm a noobie at this stuff, so trying to make it as easy as possible, don't want to change too much!
  13. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks wkkie, might be a good time to upgrade to a better spec shifter ?
  14. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks mate. I see you are from Buninyong, must be cold there today!
  15. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Yeh I think the shifter is "no recessed" into the other shifter if that makes any sense? They are not flat against each other and a little loose (can wobble it a little side to side and up and down), but if I slide the shifter whilst holding it up, it shifts OK. I works OK when I turn it...