Recent content by Crimson

1. C

Yarra Trails regulars

As the president of the local(ish) BMX club, I received a copy of the poster advertising the grand opening celebration: Saturday 1st August 12:00pm - 2:00pm (Official opening @ 1:00pm) No idea if they will be unofficially open before this time, but I'd hope so.
  2. C

Road Tubeless worth it?

I bought a new pair of wheels last year (Hope Mono RS / Stans Alpha 400) and after discovering just how much of a pain in the ass fitting regular tubes/tyres (or at least Schwalbe Duranos) are, I've decided to go tubeless in the search of a better fit. I thought I'd bought everything I need -...
  3. C

The BMX Race thread.

Wow, it's been quiet in here. As part of the organising committee, I figured I'd let put the word out here on Rotorburn that the dates for 2016 have been set in case there was anyone from interstate that was looking to travel for what is (imho) the best week of racing in Australia. January...
  4. C

Chain reaction cycles

I've had some outstanding orders with CRC for a ouple of months (new 2015 Shimano parts). First order (XTR Race Caliper & Lever) was shipped on 23/9 and arrived early last week. Second order (11spd 105 groupset) shipped was shipped on 1/10 and arrived this morning. Both were just the standard...
  5. C

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Received something similar today myself, a set of Stan's Alpha 400's on Hope Mono RS hubs for the road bike.
  6. C

The BMX Race thread.

I find that longs are the way to go with pro sized cranks - it is surprising just how thick the spider arms on a lot of them.
  7. C

The BMX Race thread.

As I said, they are the "big brother" - BB30/PF30 instead of the normal Euro BB shell. I'm personally currently running DXR's on my cruiser and a set of Rhythm cranks with a PF30 adaptor on my 20" (these were meant to be in service for 3 months, 14 months ago!). As converge said, virtually any...
  8. C

The BMX Race thread.

No direct experience, but they are being used by a lot of people out there (including some pretty big pros). Personally, I'm still waiting for their big brother - the Box Vectors. It's only been going on to 18 months since they announced them.
  9. C

The BMX Race thread.

It is that time of year again. Track Attack (our little series of 6 open meets in 9 days) kicks off tomorrow. With an average of just over 400 entries in each round, it is going to me mean some big days. Then there is BSX crammed in between two of the rounds - an unmissable day of 1 on 1...
  10. C

Rim Choice?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new set of commuting/training wheels (Hope Hoops) but don't know whether I should go for the Mavic Open Pros or Stans Alpha rims. Is anyone able to enlighten me on the differences in the rims (besides the Stans being lighter)? If it makes a difference, it is...
  11. C

The BMX Race thread.

While I agree that the setup is just a tad over the top. It is like this for a reason - redundancy. The power at some BMX tracks leaves a lot to be desired and having just 1 single point of failure is not something I want to think about. Mind you this is only for States, a regular open day is...
  12. C

The BMX Race thread.

I believe BEM (BMX Event Manager) is pretty universal these days. It certainly has evolved over the years. Our setup consisted of: 1 computer running Data Collector to record all the transponder information ( 2 decoders + start gate) and package it for BEM 1 computer running BEM that...
  13. C

The BMX Race thread.

I choose not to race at States. I have aproblem with paying $75 for 3 races, as I typically get moto'd out. So instead I've gone and done my officials courses (level 2 now) and help out behind the scenes with the electronic scoring. So for me the States was: Friday - 2 hours setup, 4 hours...
  14. C

The BMX Race thread.

So after 3 days the Victorian State Titles have been run and won. All up a great weekend of racing with 902 (I think) entries across all offered classes. Now I just need a weekend to recover from my weekend.
  15. C

The BMX Race thread.

PlanetBMX apparently have them in several colours: http://www.planetbmx.com/shop/bike-components-parts/pedals/odyssey-triple-trap-pedals-9/16-in-colors/prod_816.html As they say, "Suit 3 piece cranks" - not 1 piece (1/2" spindle) I also like how they say "you won't slip off these" when...