Recent content by chips_with_everything

1. C

Warragamba Dam Tracks?

yes there are tracks Indeed it is schedule 1 down near the dam, so not good to be caught there. That said, lots of tracks in from the S side of Silverdale, where the catchment fence is up against the main road. The locals do ride in there, and you get speccy views including one from really...
  2. C

Glenrock State Conservation Area Plan of Management is now Official.

Indeed, Glenrock SCA was mentioned a bit at the NPWS MTB discussion last week. Well done Glenrock people!
  3. C

Getting Tracks Legalized

Legalize and legalise appear as alternatives in the Collins English Dictionary.
  4. C

Workshops dates for NPWS Discussion Paper

Oh and just a reiteration for people newish to track sustainability in Blue Mountains type conditions... It may not be widely understood that with the type of sandy soil on rock we have in the mountains pretty much ANY track isn't going to be sustainable. It will erode back to rock sooner or...
  5. C

Workshops dates for NPWS Discussion Paper

Back to Springaz for a second: "* why not design/construct these FTs to cater for multi - users. eg, instead of allowing them to mow the FT in a straight line down a steep descent, why not curve it or some other design consideration for other user groups [I thought this was very outside the...
  6. C

Warning for cyclists Newtown, Sydney

Lepra LAW ENFORCEMENT (POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES) ACT (aka LEPRA) Under the Act Officers have an identification/explanation procedure which they are obliged to follow. Most do it right. A few don't. If procedures to comply with LEPRA were not followed a formal complaint is very much...
  7. C

Machinery used for Trail Construction ?

Leaving aside construction, what tools and light machinery are recommended for track maintenance? Gear that can be carried on a bike or in a pack preferably.
  8. C

Moto's at Menai

So we need designed and graded trails properly built. This Rotovegas model is good for high visitation areas close to urban populations. Where there is a tax base to meet the demand. I wouldn't think motos would be a problem often on a properly built trail that is obviously meant...
  9. C

The Volcano Concept

Perhaps the concept should be reversed. So you cycle up the spiral, nice gentle gradient, and whoosh straight down the volcano. Have jumps or some NS arrangement to cross each turn of the spiral. Or you make the whole thing a pair of spirals, one up with minimal obstacles and one down with...
  10. C

NSW The Approval process (Banging heads on Brick walls and breakin' on through)

This is good. Possibly serendipitous, in that Keith may yet turn out to be half reasonable. If he does engage with us in a positive, fact based and discriminating way he may be a handy positive influence regarding low impact access advocacy. Boo to the nasty person spreading...
  11. C

NSW The Approval process (Banging heads on Brick walls and breakin' on through)

I wonder if someone from Council gave Keith Muir a poke in the eye.
  12. C

Saint Hellenas(off the Oaks, Woodford to Glenbrook). tidy up.

I don't think introducing jumps into a shared use National Park trail is OK. Oh and while I think of it, does anyone know the who the twits are who constructed jumps on Adeline Park trail in Faulconbridge? They need to be counselled.
  13. C

Moto's at Menai

Rode a track today which has been improved by recent moto use.
  14. C

Saint Hellenas(off the Oaks, Woodford to Glenbrook). tidy up.

Rode to the lookouts yesterday morning, and there wasn't a big problem with fallen trees. The only one deserving attention is a big un down a while after the entrance to the crater (but before the little known walking track turnoff on the right). The vegetation wasn't a problem either...
  15. C

NSW Adventure Activity Standards

Hmm although expressly 'industry' I wonder how ORIC meshes with the MTBA-is-for-racing void. Be good if both MTBA and BNSW had reps at one forum session at least. Not to mention key land managers, RTA and the police. I wonder if guidelines might be developed for non road race events such...