Recent content by c0de

1. C

Fork servicing

thanks i'll give that a go! I found I was looking at the 2008 tech manual (the SID instructions in there must have been for the 2007 model one). I found my LBS sells the service kit for $40 but i'll have to get them to order it in. they also sell the rockshox seal kits for $50 which seem...
  2. C

Fork servicing

I figured there must have been some way of getting to the bolts on the bottom of the fork seeing as they are recessed in the leg! The extended sockets can be bought at bunnings? Thanks mate - is there a place in AUS which sells the service kits? otherways I can see them on the CRC website for...
  3. C

Fork servicing

I have the SID 2008 WC forks which I got around this time last year. I notice that there is a fair amount of oil coming up into the area under the cap for + pressure. Does this mean I need to get it serviced? (it hasn't been serviced yet since getting it). Is it a job you can do yourself? I...
  4. C

nitelight's - how do they rate

has anyone had a look at the nuke proof reactor lights? 215 and 160 bucks for the two models listed below http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=41024 http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=41025 I ordered the more expensive one for the larger battery and...
  5. C

Shimano road der/mtb cassette compatability

my bad, i didnt read the road/mtb part carefully lol
  6. C

Shimano road der/mtb cassette compatability

it depends on your chain length, there are some formulas online, but i think the general rule is if you have two chain rings, use a medium derailleur, otherways if you use 3 chain rings in the front, use a long der.
  7. C

Can you mix and match hydro levers and calipers?

Hi, I have a tektro auriga comp hydro setup on my hard tail at the moment. Today I crashed the bike, and bent the right lever 90 degrees to the body of the lever without snapping it off, but its pretty much stuffed now (really hard to grab the lever). I was thinking of buying a shimano...
  8. C

Brake cable problems...

didn't you say you had a mountain bike? go back and ask for a mountain bike cable.
  9. C

Fork Alignment

i dont think wheels were built by same person as i bought from two different bike shops. I did a bit of googling and it appears that the SID may be cursed - a bunch of other people seem to be complaining of the same thing, so i dont think im dreaming...
  10. C

Fork Alignment

I've got some Rock Shox SID WC 08 forks and upon inspection this evening, I noticed that the wheel is slightly off centre. I thought the wheel might be out of true so I got another wheel off my other bike and put it in, but it is also 2-3mm to the left (looking along the centre line of the tyre...
  11. C

Dual Ring Trigger Shifters....

ive got a saint 2 ring setup with the specific SLX dual FD. im using it with the normal deore shifters, however i find it takes quite a bit of effort to shift up to the larger chain ring compared to when i run a triple (like i would struggle to push it up to the 2nd ring). is this because the...
  12. C

Strange discolouration on forks

here is a picture of what it looks like.
  13. C

Strange discolouration on forks

I've got some Suntour XCM V2 forks on my hard tail - almost a year old. I only noticed today that the white paintwork around the seals has gone brown - it looks like some fluid has come out on them, however it doesnt come off when I rub it with a rag with metho on it. Could it possibly be...
  14. C

new shock...?

its really cheap but 8"x2" is not the right size for me. considering that my LBS is charging in excess of $700 aud, under 250 is a very good deal.
  15. C

Fine Tuning Tips for SID TEAM 100mm Forks

did you take a particular big hit? ive been riding it for about 5-6 hours now and it seems ok. i've been trying to learn to do some tricky technical stuff like bunnyhops etc - at the moment i cant even get the wheel to move off the ground when i jump into it - might have to speed up the...