Recent content by BLUMAN

1. B

QLD [Sold]Truvativ Descendent Carbon Bar 780 and Descendent 35 mm Stem

Item: Truvativ Descendent Carbon Bar 780 and Descendent 35 mm Stem Location: Gold Coast Item Condition: Excellent, near new, pulled off 2019 Giant after about 20 km of riding Reason for selling: Replaced with syntace vector carbon from old bike. Price and price conditions: $150 for both +...
  2. B

Marzocchi 350 cr

I couldn’t find a reliable supplier in Australia. You try maxima racing fork oil 125/150 (i think) It has the same specs as Golden Spectro. But switched to Motorex 5wt in the damper and damper side lower and still using 15wt rockoil in the air side lower and in the air chamber.
  3. B

Magura MT5 / MT2 brake set - Sold

Sold - please remove
  4. B

Magura MT5 / MT2 brake set - Sold

Item: Magura MT5 / MT2 brake set - MT5 calipers with MT2 levers. See below for included extras. Location: Gold Coast, Qld Item Condition: used, good condition. Rear pads need replacing Reason for selling: Upgraded/downgraded to XTR trails Price and price conditions: $200 negotiable, will...
  5. B

Marzocchi 350 cr

That makes sense. I've got a few of those spacers laying around, I'll give that a try next service. Cheers EMF.
  6. B

Marzocchi 350 cr

I have a 2015 model, but yea the red rebound knob is a pull off. It's a similar arrangement to how an RS rebound knob is held on...except there is split ring around the end of the bolt (instead of an o-ring) that the lip on red cap clips over to hold it on. The Rebound knob is a bitch to get...
  7. B

Marzocchi 350 cr

I went with the consensus and gave them a quick service before even mounting them to the bike. They weren't dry, but it sounds like it's hit and miss as whether they will be dry or not. I emailed Maz while waiting for the fork to arrive and the recommendation was 40ml in each leg. I only had...
  8. B

Marzocchi 350 cr

I love this fork, so much so, I want a 320 to replace my Reba on the xc bike, because the Reba action is so dead and uninspiring compared to the 350, could just be that I'm comparing apples and oranges there though.... I've been riding the 350 CR for the past 6 months (it replaced a...
  9. B

Interesting input on wheel sizes 26/27.5/29

Fair point... I may have jumped the gun slightly there on proclaiming the debate was over. ... Without reading the study no one knows what the sample size is. But the number of wheel sizes (3) are not what makes up the sample set, it is the number data points taken. I.e. Speed vs distance for a...
  10. B

Interesting input on wheel sizes 26/27.5/29

^ Haha and everyone's interpretation of the study/results will be the same... to suit their own opinion. This was an interesting video and good to see some real science actually being done rather than just trying to serve up a big cup of koolaide.... As others have said, the science showed...
  11. B

Ad campagains you wish existed and general bike snobbery

For those familiar with it......
  12. B

Fat bikes. Because some guys like a little cushion for the push'n
  13. B

Fat bikes. Because Enduro just was so 2014...
  14. B

Specialized Brain: because we spent to much on Horst to give it up now...
  15. B

Help with saddle choice????

After a trial of a bunch of different saddles to confirm if there was anything better for me, I have gone back to the fizik Gobi xm. The wing flex just makes it so much more comfy in the thigh saddle area at the bottom of the pedal stroke for me. But it is a bit of a knife so it kind of wedges...