Recent content by bdstorer

1. bdstorer

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Have had both and prefer the bivy. My reasons: -Most of my rides are between two days and five and I like to go light and fast. - I can set a bivy up under a bridge, behind a hedge, in a church yard etc and the profile is super low and stealth, unlike a tent. - I can set up in about a...
  2. bdstorer

Shakes, I'd suggest one of these: http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/shop/mountain/shelters/tripod-bivy/ I've had both the bipod and tripod bivies from Black Diamond. The bipod was too tight to lay on your side in, so I sold it and replaced with the tripod which is perfect. Enough room...
  3. bdstorer

monster crossers/drop bar 29ers

I ran drop bars on my 29er for about a year.
  4. bdstorer

Post your 29er!

2010 GT Peace 9r Here is my GT Peace 9r. Rides like a 29" BMX.
  5. bdstorer

Post Your XC Machine

Rob what the hell is this? Big wheels? I thought you said they were for clowns at the circus? Carbon? Huh? Where is the Baum? Can I have it?
  6. bdstorer

Mosquitoes - Something to consider when buying a bivy I friggen HATE Mosquitoes. When considering a bivy it is worth thinking about how you'll deal with these bloody little buggers. The Black Diamond Bipod and Tripod both have bug netting which is a god send when it's 'buggy'. I'd go nutty in...
  7. bdstorer

I used a Black Diamond Bipod Bivy for awhile, it's one of of those 'poled' bags that help you keep sane inside when it rains (room to read a book). I ditched it for the larger Black Diamond Tripod bivy as there isn't room inside the Bipod to side sleep. The Tripod is a good middle ground between...
  8. bdstorer

Haven't nailed a Redfin at a size worth cooking yet. Little buggers are in plague numbers in some of our lakes. Heard they eat well. So you spin? Have often wondered about that.. Mine doesn't pack down too small (3ft) but it could still be carried in my pack. I'll try bait fishing next time as...
  9. bdstorer

Mate what did you catch the trout on? I've just started packing my fly gear for riding trips through the Central Plateau in Tassie. Haven't had any luck yet this season, rode to Bradys Lake and Lake Binney and caught a load of redfin. My fly rod packs down small enough to fit in my frame bag...
  10. bdstorer

Kona Humu frame OR steel V-brake only frame.

Item: Kona Humu frame OR steel V-brake only frame. Location: Anywhere! Happy to pay postage!! Price range/Willing to Pay: Up to $250 pending condition. Extra Info: Email pictures to benjamarn@hotmail.com
  11. bdstorer

The Fixie Thread

Nah, not true. Deep Vs work fine with CX width tyres 32/34c and I've run 38c for the past 4 years on a set with a hint of a problem and I thrash the sh*t outta that wheelset. I also own a set of Chukkers, urgh, too heavy!
  12. bdstorer

TAS Removed from sale.

Warranty frame due to arrive in the next fortnight. The bike is currently in parts and will have to be rebuilt. Bar tape, handlebars and saddle may change..? ...but I'll post 'up-to-date' pics and spec as soon as it's all together and ready to go.
  13. bdstorer

TAS Removed from sale.

Salsa will replace the frame under warranty! Phew.. Dirtworks said the replacement frame will arrive mid October. So there you go, same sweet price, brand new frame. Just need to be patient lads.. it's a virtue.
  14. bdstorer

TAS Removed from sale.

Dirtworks think Salsa will warranty the frame, will know later this week hopefully. Fingers crossed!:D