Recent content by Amsterdamned

1. A

Upgrade: Wheelset or Drivetrain?

LOL! Thanks for the help all, was going to wait till the post Christmas sales but have also had a few PM's with good gear for sale. So just weighing up my options.
  2. A

Hadn't even thought of that. I just figured I'd get the same cassette (XT on my current wheel) on the new wheel and it wouldn't be an issue. What about my disc rotors? Avid Juicy 3 (OEM). If new wheelset has new rotor will my brakes complain? Actually the rear brake already vibrates and...
  3. A

Thanks for all the replies guys. Some good stuff, Wheels are the way to go. Will continue shopping around for some good deals. Thanks for the wiggle links, hadn't checked them out. Those Hope Hoops look to be awesome based on the reviews. Haven't looked closely at either the SLX drivetrain...
  4. A

Treating myself to an xmas present. I have a lovely 08 Cannondale F3, used as my daily commute and the weekend blast around Manly Dam. Whats a better value upgrade, a wheelset or a drivetrain? I have an X7 derailleur and shifters and an older Deore FC-M521 crankset. The wheels are WTB Speed...
  5. A

Bureaucrat's Errors Mean closure for Manly Dam

council meeting I was there and thats what I understood from all the amendments and motions. 30+ riders were in attendance and there was bit of politicking from some of the council members to a gallery that was larger than normal. A few of them really don't like each other. Amusing for an...