Recent content by AlanP

1. A

Neck Brace

Last July I fractured my neck in 5 places (C1 in three places) and broke my back at T11. The Neuro had three mountian bikers on his case. I'm fine and riding again gently. It didn't go well for the other 2 I'm afraid. The doc told me mountain biking is one of the worst sports for neck...
  2. A

broken rib

Broke two ribs last year and two early this year (just recovering from a broken neck C1, 5 and 6 but that's another story). Best protection I found for ribs is a Moto Rooster chest plate (Fox $99). I've hit really hard using it and not a scratch. Bit hot but better that 3 months of stabbing...
  3. A

Be Careful (PLEASE READ)

As one recovering now from a broken neck this story is very emotional and touching. The manner in which your dad lived his life should be a lesson to us all and a wonderful memory to those he touched. Condolences to you and your family. Live life as he would have wanted you to do.
  4. A

burraneer bay park jumps (sutherland shire)

Hi Zane, On my way through yesterday I had a look at what you've been up to. I don't know what the rules are regarding building this type of thing in Public Parks are, so maybe you can tell me what they are? I'm surprised you can just dig with the council's blessing in such an open place...
  5. A

burraneer bay park jumps (sutherland shire)

Hi Zane, I usually ride through the park a few times a week early in the morning (its not far from me) spend 30 minutes or so having a play in the park (on the natural rock) and then carry on to Cronulla. When are these kids at the park? After school and weekends I presume. I've noticed...
  6. A

Which body armor?

Just got a 2008 661 Assault Pressure suit and its excellent for lightweight protection of the back and shoulders. The short sleeves make it feel even lighter (although I wear raceface arm protection). However its useless for chest/rib impacts which I tend to get all the time. So I got hold...
  7. A

sutho trail build/ride day sun 18th - sutho shire, Who's Keen??

Hi All, Whilst down the Sutho track at the weekend for a quicky before the rain came I found a small silver key near the 4ft drop (where someone has built another ramp.) Looks like it could be from a padlock and very recently lost as there is no hint of rust/tarnish. PM if its yours. Also...
  8. A

Shire DH'ers

Hi Mojo, Good to meet you last Sunday and due to your persistance I've joined 2233. Just a thought about the new name of the amalgamated club... If the club wants to petition the Sutherland Shire Council to allow tracks and assuming this is a very high objective of the club, (and I...
  9. A

Shire DH'ers

Hi Mojo, Sorry to hear about your windscreen. I didn't see anything. I walked the trail from the Loftus side entrace along the top and down the trail to the bottom and back up to the sports field and only met a group of runners and the council cutting the grass. I was there between 9 and...