What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not sure yet, will see how it holds up given its limited use and go from there. Would like to keep it polished if possible.
Looks awesome, good job !

My strip job on the red Nukeproof Scout looked great for about a month, bare alu goes dull really fast, like a misty corrosion style patina appears all over the surface even without getting it wet.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks awesome, good job !

My strip job on the red Nukeproof Scout looked great for about a month, bare alu goes dull really fast, like a misty corrosion style patina appears all over the surface even without getting it wet.
Did you polish the scout?
Hoping a good coat of polish slows down the oxidation enough for the rare use this gets, will see lol.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Somehow managed to strip the toothed ring out of the rear hub, literally just pedalling along. It has not been a good journey with the norco so far with after just 150km it's developed a clunking front end that is looking like problems with the Z2 forks and now a rear hub explosion.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I visited the Rose store in Munich. Some nice bikes and interestingly, a new bike with front and rear Trail Endurance Xynotal tyres. They seemed plenty squishy to be decent. I was expecting BigW levels of hardness based on what I've read.

What did do for my bike? Bought a set of Ergon GA2 Fat grips and a Topeak Airtag holder :)

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Little Sender is back!

Two years ago I put him on the 27.5 hoping he'd take to it after out-growing the 20" in both size and ability. It's taken him awhile and a growth spurt, but I just chased him down a couple of green descents at O'Halloran and he was just sending everything. He nearly got sent into the bushes on one big jump towards the bottom of Grom Flow. Biggest, cheesiest grin on his face at the bottom.

1000007827.jpg

Ex-VC on the other hand is more than a little rusty and was left well behind going down.

I'm gonna need a bigger bike.......

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Fitted the bar tape which was the last job. Watched 128 videos to find there are 4,890.3 ways to do bar tape. Sigh. Anyway this was Park tool's version 2a part bii. And as someone who owns about 300 rolls of insulation tape in various roll lengths do you think I could find a single roll? Adding to the bliss I moved a set of metal shelves temporarily stored in the garage. While doing the first side of the bars my peripheral vision caught sight of something near my foot. Ah, that be blood. Obviously cut the top of a toe while moving the shelves. Off for a clean and bandaid. Now it hurts. Might go back to bed.

It rides ok, still tall gearing despite the 42/32 up front and the 13/26 now on the back. Hard to tell really because the frame is so small my knees hit my chin when I pedal. And my feet hit the front wheel.