What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Today was a gentle first ride for many bits, major overhaul for the Katipo, out at Harcourt.

Trails were grippy af! I don't think it was just the new tyres.

Very cold, but no rain. And tubes suck... It was so hard to get warmed up again after this unplanned stop.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
overtightened grub screw? The alu must be pretty brittle to do that though
It’s a roll pin, not a grub screw.

Weird one for sure.

@Cheka I think you should choose @Oddjob’s reasoning and start telling all your mates tales of sending a huge gap and hitting the lander so hard you broke the internals of your fork.

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Get a rockshox argyle, my roll pin shattered but the shaft was ok in that fork.
Heavy af fork though, basically a pogo stick.

Cheka

Likes Bikes
No idea how that occurred. I am 95kg but mostly a rubber on the trail kind of rider, definitely no big gaps.
No doubt a story will have to be concocted to highlight my extreme radness.
More bad news reported today with need for a new CSU so I made the call to invest that money in a new set of Lyriks to go on the recently arrived warranty frame.
Fortunately I have a very understanding wife................

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
We used to live on Homestead Dr and I'd drive past that reservoir every day wondering how many trails were in there.......
A lake loop and a fenceline loop, both go around the waterworks area using the same trail and around 10-12km loops.
Canoeing and fishing allowed, no swimming or paddle boarding.

It's an awesome off road gravel loop, very scenic. Great for families and the area can be accessed from about 8 different gates around the park.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Hey @Shorsau, what's the rack and bag combo you have there?
It's a Trek 1120 fork and rack through Triton Cycles in the UK, and the bag is just a $20 Rockbros