Any Zwifters out there?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So I grabbed a 12yr old graphics card for my 12yr old Zwift computer for $30.

Was cruising around Watopia enjoying my shadows, the mist on the road, the shadow definition on my virtual calves, the mist from the waterfalls, the leaves falling from the trees, the sun dancing around on my jersey... so fckn nice with smooth graphics and lots of detail.

Nek minnit... I give a German girl who had just give me a 'ride on', one back and BOOM !!!! Zwift disappears from my screen leaving me on my home page :mad: Last night before the graphics card install, I rode for 90 mins freeze free... I had beaten the parasite that was freezing me, a simple setting on the firewall it seems.

Event viewer says -
Display Driver Nvlddmkm Stopped Responding and Has Successfully Recovered

This is a software program that allows Windows to communicate with the display peripheral, which in this case, is the new Nvidia graphics card.

Solution #2, I was on maximum power savings for some reason, seems it starved the new card of juice for a split second causing Zwift to bomb. It recorded the 12km route, I was at about 17km so lose a few k's.

I've went in and set my power to max and set the PCI Exp to max. Dunno if the pursuit of nice graphics is worth the hassle ;)

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Did a pace partner ride this arvo for the first time. The bot actually pinged off after a few minutes but the group stayed together for the next 30-40mins, gradually dropping in numbers. It worked pretty well actually as a nice tempo kinda ride.

Do they do pace partner climbs up the ADZ? Might be interesting, but I guess they have pretty broad w/kg gaps between the bots so may not work for some folks in the middle of the ranges.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Did a pace partner ride this arvo for the first time. The bot actually pinged off after a few minutes but the group stayed together for the next 30-40mins, gradually dropping in numbers. It worked pretty well actually as a nice tempo kinda ride.

Do they do pace partner climbs up the ADZ? Might be interesting, but I guess they have pretty broad w/kg gaps between the bots so may not work for some folks in the middle of the ranges.
No pace partner up the alpe, but you can just cheat like @rockmoose and do a workout up it to make it easy on yourself.

ozzybmx

SST (med) is the only workout that gets me to the top.
Just make a custom one up. I have 2, one has 3 minutes rest and the other has 2, rest increases in 5w steps from 150w to 170w gradually, the 1 minute effort goes up in 10w steps after a set of 4 from 220w to 300w.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
They will be this week. This link takes you to the event start times. I thinking about doing Friday morning.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
They will be this week. This link takes you to the event start times. I thinking about doing Friday morning.

How cool is that? Jump on with Beth for a 3.3, sub hour.

ozzybmx

How cool is that? Jump on with Beth for a 3.3, sub hour.
Just a lazy 275w all the way up for me :oops:

Those pace partner rides are a bum patting exercise, fakk me, one caught up on me last night and I rode with them for about 5km before my route took me in a different direction.

15 !!!! Thumbs in my pocket in that short few kms, Pockets were bulging, its never been so full.

Nearly felt like I was Bigger than Rockmoose Jensie.

rockmoose

Just a lazy 275w all the way up for me :oops:

Those pace partner rides are a bum patting exercise, fakk me, one caught up on me last night and I rode with them for about 5km before my route took me in a different direction.

15 !!!! Thumbs in my pocket in that short few kms, Pockets were bulging, its never been so full.

Nearly felt like I was Bigger than Rockmoose Jensie.
Yeah, I did a 50k ride with Coco to get my Jensie badge. Didn't have to tell my legs to shut up once.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Yeah, I did a 50k ride with Coco to get my Jensie badge.
WTF is a Jensie badge?

Dripped sweat all over the meat socks phone tonight... got the cancel ride and accept the cancel ride...... phwark..... 38 minutes into a 1 hour "free ride" ..... fook those stars.. who needs them.

love hate relationship with Zwift...... Most of the meat socks Zwift time is spent with Lanterne Rouges voice over commenting on how shite the fat fwark is....

s

rockmoose

WTF is a Jensie badge?

Dripped sweat all over the meat socks phone tonight... got the cancel ride and accept the cancel ride...... phwark..... 38 minutes into a 1 hour "free ride" ..... fook those stars.. who needs them.

love hate relationship with Zwift...... Most of the meat socks Zwift time is spent with Lanterne Rouges voice over commenting on how shite the fat fwark is....

s
AHA, it's you.

As I said, don't do the free ride workouts, it is bound to go pear shaped. Ride with Danny or Coco. Just don't let the Hamstress see you riding with a sexy blue or yellow chick.

The Bigger than Jensie badge, is an achievement badge for 100 ride ons in a session.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
So I added a Rotorburn zwift club... What does that mean? I don't really know yet...but will work it out. Join through the Clubs tab on your zwift companion app.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
So I added a Rotorburn zwift club... What does that mean? I don't really know yet...but will work it out. Join through the Clubs tab on your zwift companion app.
Couldn’t find it as RBZ or Rotorburn in the search. Maybe it takes a while to be approved.

rockmoose

This virtual trigravelathlete has applied. I hope their rigorous applicant testing protocols don't find all my skeletons.