What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Did an overnight trip back from Melrose to sort out a small thing, grab supplies and rescue these from my back patio, been sitting there lonely since Monday morning.
I have many sets of Nexties and from experience my holding off on spokes to measure the ERD was a good decision as usual, website says 575mm, actual was nearly 582mm... 7mm difference or ~3.5mm on each spoke

Both rims weighed in at exactly 470g, they are 29" at 35mm wide.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Did an overnight trip back from Melrose to sort out a small thing, grab supplies and rescue these from my back patio, been sitting there lonely since Monday morning.
I have many sets of Nexties and from experience my holding off on spokes to measure the ERD was a good decision as usual, website says 575mm, actual was nearly 582mm... 7mm difference or ~3.5mm on each spoke

Both rims weighed in at exactly 470g, they are 29" at 35mm wide.

View attachment 371151
What price landed for the two?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
What price landed for the two?
I still get a brand ambassador price from Nextie but with the falling USD they would be about $560au shipped here going on $245au a rim with $50us shipping.

They may charge for custom decals. There was a bit of pissing around with these and the 'N' placement around spoke holes.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Swapped the Topaz on the Marino with a DB-Coil IL the other day, not being able to easily tell travel usage/sag was bugging me so drew up & 3D printed a little travel indicator gadget. Taking a bit to get it dialed in.. not used to being able to play with HSC/HSR + LSC/LSR all at once.. :oops:

View attachment 371149
Very cute and bespoke, but maybe a small cable tie on the shock shaft would do...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
We're home now after some great fun up at Mallacoota. Gee, they took a serious hit, huge vast endless devastation. But it's coming back.

Great riding north and south of the town. Some freshly manufactured since the fires, and some more natural trails.

Anyway, home now, so after work I snuck in a local ride... very nice, although the climb out seemed much harder than usual and may be due the holiday beer to elapsed vertical metre ratio imbalance.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I still get a brand ambassador price from Nextie but with the falling USD they would be about $560au shipped here going on $245au a rim with $50us shipping.

They may charge for custom decals. There was a bit of pissing around with these and the 'N' placement around spoke holes.
So good eh! Similar price to Light Bicycles. These manufacturers seem to have their QC down pat now too.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
$560 landed for a pair of carbonfans. 27.5, 32h, asymmetrical, DH spec, 29mm ID, 430 grams a rim.

My carbonfan rims are just as good as my light bicycle rims.

All these top spec Chinese direct rims are top notch.

We CT scanned my carbonfans and couldn’t find a single air bubble. I have had two rock strikes with the rear rim and cannot even see the impact sites. JFC it makes a loud noise when you do strike a rock, no mistaking the sound.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So good eh! Similar price to Light Bicycles. These manufacturers seem to have their QC down pat now too.
I've been very happy with my Nexties (x4) thus far. I'm not super rough on wheels but have given them the occasional accidental clattering and no problems so far (like Link says though, they make some loud noises!). Looking forward to the next one arriving.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
$560 landed for a pair of carbonfans. 27.5, 32h, asymmetrical, DH spec, 29mm ID, 430 grams a rim.

My carbonfan rims are just as good as my light bicycle rims.

All these top spec Chinese direct rims are top notch.

We CT scanned my carbonfans and couldn’t find a single air bubble. I have had two rock strikes with the rear rim and cannot even see the impact sites. JFC it makes a loud noise when you do strike a rock, no mistaking the sound.
Sadly a bit pricey for me as complete wheels. I'm budgeting $700 for a new set of wheels - Hunt Trail Wide are top of the list so far!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I have some LightBicycle wheels for my roadie, top notch. Wouldn't buy a brand name with the value coming out of China

Sadly a bit pricey for me as complete wheels. I'm budgeting $700 for a new set of wheels - Hunt Trail Wide are top of the list so far!
I picked up some Nukeproof Neutrons from CRC for ~$450, great value and review well

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I should also mention that I want to make my bike lighter too...
Listed weight on the Hunts is 1823g untaped (I think) for 29" and , Neutrons are 1950g taped, difference is stuff all, and has 32 spokes at each end rather than the 28/32 of the Hunts

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Listed weight on the Hunts is 1823g untaped (I think) for 29" and , Neutrons are 1950g taped, difference is stuff all, and has 32 spokes at each end rather than the 28/32 of the Hunts
The V2s have a really high engagement rate too I think?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
The Neutron weight you mention are for the 27.5" version so add another 70g and that's 200g. That's a decent amount of extra rolling weight!

The Horizon wheels are $629 inc delivery with free ARD inserts (which I'd sell). Still a way away until I've saved that much though.