I spec something to bar clamp

nathanm

Eats Squid
Upgrading to 1X11 and have bought a second hand shifter which comes with a clamp I've never seen.
Google says it's "I spec" and I don't have late model compatible brakes.
How or what do I need to clamp the shifter straight to the bars?

moorey

call me Mia
Upgrading to 1X11 and have bought a second hand shifter which comes with a clamp I've never seen.
Google says it's "I spec" and I don't have late model compatible brakes.
How or what do I need to clamp the shifter straight to the bars?
Pic. There’s 4 ispecs now. Chunts.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
XT.

Is looking like I will need a replacement shifter now as match makers kit is $80 to make it work.

Just another new spec I'm learning the hard way about.
$35 delivered at today’s exchange rate, doesn’t seem to be geo blocked:

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I hate i spec . you need patience to work it out. I like Shimano stuff but i spec was a nightmare.
It had zero functionality for me
I still have a nice XT shifter I accidentally bought that needs me to change the base cover - I tried once but something wasnt right.
Hope you sort it out Nathan.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I like the middle two ispec, havent tried the latest version though. I did end up having to mix and mingle shifters because I couldnt fit ispec b to M8000 brakes but got there in the end. Can be confusing especially when you sell off your b hardware and then need it again but it is simple enough to make if you have a lathe, luckily.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Yes, replaces the little plastic shim that is currently in the brake bar clamp.
by making you buy an entire new shifter. wtf dont they make the clamp seperate and a $10 spare part. it's like making a proprietary car wheel size, so everytime you get a puncture you have to buy a whole new car. fuck you shimano and current standards, now I know why everyone is so angry.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
by making you buy an entire new shifter. wtf dont they make the clamp seperate and a $10 spare part. it's like making a proprietary car wheel size, so everytime you get a puncture you have to buy a whole new car. fuck you shimano and current standards, now I know why everyone is so angry.
Have to agree, I was caught out when I picked up some M9000 levers off here and couldn't use the M800 shifter which was ispecB. A matchmaker adapter was more than a new shifter once I factored in postages. Picked up an XTR shifer on sale and learnt my lesson, check before you buy. When I went back to 2x10 on the muru I was missing the hardware for the left hand shifter so I made the parts. Would have been nice for the gear to be backwards compatible but it isnt.

ispec ii and ispec B put the shifters and the wolf seatpost remote in a good spot for me so happy to keep them.