What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Holy crap. Did Ghania for the first time yesterday. I walked 70% of it and that is probably generous. It requires lots of skill and commitment. The first descent has a rock garden with a wall ride around a tree sticking out of the rock for chrissake. I will probably walk it again before hitting it properly. Probably need to lose another 20kgs to make it up some of those rock climbs too.

That sucks!

I think I'm going to want some pics of this please?!?

3D print!

Here's a recent GoPro of one of my runs down the start of Gahnia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbyDztjnezd/

Excuse the crappy Insta quality, but you get an idea of how rocky the place is. Not sure if there's a tree sticking out mid-wall ride though. :)

BT180

Max Pfaff
Wheelbase is fine, kinda confidence inspiring, the 36 up front is great just for the fact you can aim it a stuff and plow over/through stuff which is good for Ghania/Serratta, and it pedals surprisingly well up those pinch climbs whilst fully open.
Yep, got a 170mm 36 on mine which gives a lot of confidence on rocky trails like Gahnia and Serrata, knowing that the squish will make up for poor line choices.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Major ego boost as I happened to drive past Cadel Evans just now on his bike, and caught him staring at my bike on top of my car...

EDIT: on the wifes advice I need to mention I was on my way home from a post work ride, not just doing laps in the car..

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Major ego boost as I happened to drive past Cadel Evans just now on his bike, and caught him staring at my bike on top of my car...

EDIT: on the wifes advice I need to mention I was on my way home from a post work ride, not just doing laps in the car..
Phwoar, should have stopped a few hundred metres down the road and hooked up for a Strava KOM.

I bet your bike costs you money but Cadel's is free.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Damn that is nice. loving the silver.
What color rims and hubs you have lined up?
Nothing special colour wise with the rims and hubs, just both black. Hope DH on pro4 front and wtb i29 on SRAM on the rear, which was an existing rear wheel.

scblack

Leucocholic
I rode past Cadel back in 2011 near Narrabeen. I was just heading back from West Head with my boss and he was doing a PWC or EY group ride, heading the other way. He did not look at me.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Nothing special colour wise with the rims and hubs, just both black. Hope DH on pro4 front and wtb i29 on SRAM on the rear, which was an existing rear wheel.
I can see some silver Spank rims and green hope hubs looking pretty horn on that build.