Intense M16

heavyp

You heard it here first
Saw this floating around the net this morning, I'm not one for saying certain bikes look like each other but this is channeling the v10 surly be good if it doesn't snap like all other Intense's

s1200_DSC_9435.jpg

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've never liked the look of Intense's downhill bikes and I always refer to them as Frankenstein.

I've never liked the look of Intense's downhill bikes and I always refer to them as Frankenstein.
Have to agree with you there, Dozer. From that string of smaller big-hitting/reputable US west coast DH manufacturers, Intense & Foes really are bit like the inbred/retarded cousin of Santa Cruz.

EDIT: Truth be told I think the fact that (even if it is only for the proto) it's decaled/ named after an assault weapon (i.e. so 'Murican) gets my goat almost as much as as the undeniably agricultural finish of the tube-sets & welds. Fucking (stereotypical) Americans.

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Always loved the look of Intense, especially the M6 and early Tazers. Sad they're moving away from their signature monocoque style frame, though it does look pretty sharp. I hope they can put a rider back in the WC podium!

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This, there are soo many damn ugly welds all over the place. Looks like the frame had been broken and repaired.

ajay

Have to agree with you there, Dozer. From that string of smaller big-hitting/reputable US west coast DH manufacturers, Intense & Foes really are bit like the inbred/retarded cousin of Santa Cruz.

EDIT: Truth be told I think the fact that (even if it is only for the proto) it's decaled/ named after an assault weapon (i.e. so 'Murican) gets my goat almost as much as as the undeniably agricultural finish of the tube-sets & welds. Fucking (stereotypical) Americans.

Ahhh man, you ruined it for me! I read it as M one six.

scblack

Leucocholic
I love the industrial sort of look of the welds etc. I own a Slopestyle2 and think its the bees knees.

Its not an artwork or pretty, but it looks ready to get down and dirty and be solid doing that.

I love them.:love:

GeoffRidesBikes

Likes Dirt
It's funny how different things appeal to different people - I personally love the industrial look of Intense frames over the clinical, boring Trek/Giant style manufacturing.

Can't stand how they capitalise on the typical 'murican military froth though, with their names....Uzzi? Socom? Really? Come onnnnnnn

heavyp

You heard it here first
How do we start an online petition for this.... M One Six sounds so much better than M16.
It sounds absolutely terrible! M16 all the way even thou I don't like the bike what better name to use than a famous assault rifle.

ajay

It sounds absolutely terrible! M16 all the way even thou I don't like the bike what better name to use than a famous assault rifle.

Shit, the gun toting rednecks have invaded Brittain already?