World champs 2014

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hill, Gwin, Brosnan or Ratboy.

Ratboy is clearly on the form of his life at the moment so will have a lot of confidence going into the finals. Hill was also the only other rider to win two rounds this year plus coming off the win last weekend means he's on pace right now. This is probably the race that Gwin has been wanting most this year seeing as he's already got two overalls but never got the stripes. Finally, I'm a little iffy on Brosnan, clearly is riding fast but the majority of his form seemed to come earlier in the season and he's been a little bit off the last couple of races. Even if that's the result of a flat or a crash, he's still been a bit further back, but could possibly bring it back for champs.

scblack

Leucocholic
I cant wait. Hill, Brosnan or Ratboy. Not the pom, please. :) I have a feeling Brosnan will be fired up from his bad result in Meribel.

I am in New York when this is on, wonder how time will work out for me? Be a bugger if I am out sightseeing when the race is on. What a dilemma........

Beej1

Here's a map
I aint seein no map.

Would love Hill to win. I can't remember if I actually heard it or just thought I heard it, but during one of the post-race interviews for either the Meribel or Mt StA win, he discussed Hafjell and seemed hesitant to say he was confident. It most probably means absolutely nothing, but when you combine that with the fact that Nigel Page both times seemed to comment that Hill had told him beforehand he'd win at Meribel & Mt StA, I wonder if it means Hill doesn't think the track suits him? Or at least, doesn't think it suits him as much as the other two?

In any case, I'll still be hoping for a Hill win, otherwise a Hannah surprise victory would take the cake.

Is Steve Smith racing? Wonder if he's back up to speed.

Rachel or Manon for the ladies. I'd prefer Manon ... she always seems more genuinely stoked to win.

zids

Likes Dirt
heres a headcam from last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4cxFKe3OgQ

Smith took the win with danny hart and neethling behind him. Troy, Josh and Sam finished 10, 14 and 15 respectively and Gwin was freaking out because it was 2013.

My prediction: Josh and Sam are gonna battle it out and I hope that Sam sneaks the win but this kind of track has a Josh vibe about it. Windham/Leogang vibes with a few more line variations and awkward sections but the majority of it is a one pace line (it is in a bike park). Lets hope the grassy sections give Sam the opportunity to lay into it and get the stripes again!

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
For sure Ratboy(if he's not still hung over),,, WC wrapped up, 650b V10 and no pressure he can just cut loose... Although I wouldn't be too disappointed either if Hill or Brosnan takes it :):)

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I fully expect Josh to take it. The way he rode at Meribel - when he should have been feeling the pressure of securing his first overall title was still pretty pinned. He just doesn't seem fazed by any kind of pressure. And he doesn't look like he's pushing even when he's going fast. There are times when riders get into a head space where everything just clicks (think Sam back in 07, 08) and I feel like he's there right now.

Would obviously LOVE to see Sam take it but my money is on the Rat.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I cant wait. Hill, Brosnan or Ratboy. Not the pom, please. :) I have a feeling Brosnan will be fired up from his bad result in Meribel.

I am in New York when this is on, wonder how time will work out for me? Be a bugger if I am out sightseeing when the race is on. What a dilemma........
Sacrifices need to be made!

driftking

Wheel size expert
This season has been hard to pick riders for wins. This is definitely a Sam track and his on form. But rat boy is always there and I a flyer. Im going to go with Sam.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I think everyone wants Sam to win, myself included. However, Ratboy is in ridiculous form and I think as long as he stays upright, he'll be in the rainbow jersey next year. That said, it's the worlds, and there's probably 10 guys that could win it. I predict 2.5 secs seperating the top 10. Can't wait!

indica

Serial flasher
It's not hard to work out.
Have a look on the redbull site and it is in local time.

Sam or Ratboy for sure.