The Fixie Thread

vandenberg

Likes Dirt
Yeh, the weather made the day a whole lot worse,
However there were some nice bikes out, did you see the gold zullo?

That belongs to Frag. A seriously insanely good bike, and is just solid to ride. Attention to detail is also just off the hook.

It's been a bit quiet on this thread of late. What's happened, have the hipsters moved on? Who's coming to the PK Ripper thing on Friday?

RCOH

Eats Squid
i am going on Friday night if it isn't wet. Over riding in rain.

You should join me & SugarKanye's team. we are gonna kill it.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i am going on Friday night if it isn't wet. Over riding in rain.

You should join me & SugarKanye's team. we are gonna kill it.
That's this friday! I thought it was way off.

Riding in the wet is tonnes of fun, i'm yet to have binned it doing a skid though.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in, but I need a team. G-fish, be there!

Oh shit, what to ride, what to ride? Flite or ghetto?
I'll try and make it, my bike is feeling so deliciously awesome right now, i'm a keen bean, I hate other commitments!

And ride the Flite.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Too many broken cleat bolts. Will be riding the ghetto as fuck!
ewwwwyyy, cleats! That ain't hip. It definitely won't match the blue deep v's and purple bars!

It seems as though the teams will be randomly chosen.. Which, should be interesting..

Lorday

Eats Squid
U.D.O - Flite brothers. I'll be leaving mine that funky peppermint mica colour (2010)

ewwwwyyy, cleats! That ain't hip. It definitely won't match the blue deep v's and purple bars!

It seems as though the teams will be randomly chosen.. Which, should be interesting..
Ditching both fixies... I'd rather brakes and knobbly tires. Mtb man!

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
U.D.O - Flite brothers. I'll be leaving mine that funky peppermint mica colour (2010)
Hahaha, fl1t3 IO0 R3pr4z3NT. This used to be that colour, but two of my mates had the peppermint, so decided to try something different, as red does of course go faster. :eek:

auskonrad

Likes Dirt
question on tension

Hey guys,

I've just started commuting on my first singlespeeder/fixie (flip flop)- so this is the first time I've really belted it. At multiple times in the commute - I got some loud, concerning noises from the drive train - like the chain came off - i figure its the chain slipping - mostly at times when I was putting in the hard pedalling. I thought chain slippage was pretty impossible with how tight the chain is and how high the teeth are on both ends.

When I got to work, I checked it all out... the chain was tons looser - almost to the point that I could take the chain off without moving the wheel forward on the dropouts.

Is this a case of the wheel gradually moving forward (I couldn't tell if it had moved really) or something sinister happening with the chain?

On a side note - and blast me if you must - I have washers on the outside of the frame, inbetween the frame and the nut on the back wheel. Should these washers sit on the inside of the frame up against the cone nut?

Any advice?

floody

Wheel size expert
I suggest getting proper track axle nuts and tightening them up with the longest handled tool you can get hold of.... I use a 18" breaker bar and 6 sided 15mm socket.

nettic

Cannon Fodder
Wondering if anyone can tell me the best place/person to get a Flite100? And how much I should be able to get one for?

Sydney,nsw