L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
What a great stage, good to see something different happen for once.

Part of me wants to see Cav win every sprint and become a cyclist who we will be talking about in 20-30 years, but its also a bit boring seeing him win everything as well. The sprints aren't worth watching when you know he will win every time. What do you guys think?

Also agree that Lance will be in Yellow after the TTT but it wont mean shit. Fabian is in yellow right now, but hes not going to win the tour, someones got to wear it until we get the alps.

tmarsh

Likes Dirt
Really? that is awesome, how did he go?
He came 6th, 2 seconds down on the winner Brett Lancaster. The stage was described on cyclingnews.com as '1.15km drag race', so I doubt that riding fixed was exactly a handicap, particularly for someone from a track background.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Astana won the TTT by a gross margin! Lance is now 0" off the yellow (Cant spell cancellaras name!) and astana has 4 boys in the top 5.

Really awesome stage to watch. Unfortunantly now im going to be falling asleep at my desk tomorrow, but it was well worth it.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Also agree that Lance will be in Yellow after the TTT but it wont mean shit.
Possible front page in every US paper (and a hell of a lot of international ones)? I think his sponsors and his charities will be loving that even if it's only for a day.

Ironically despite actually being over here in the UK and not being away working, I haven't been able to watch any of le tour live at all.

Bloody weather's been too good this week to be stuck inside in front of the telly! :p

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Poor cadel. He really needs to try and get on another team if he wants to win the tour.
Looks like astana show now. Strong winds forecast tonite - be good to see a split again

RCOH

Eats Squid
Fell Asleep again! I cannot last a whole stage.

Is it true that SBS2 is going to show the live coverage now that the Ashes is beginning?

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
Yep, the Ashes will be on SBS1 and the TDF on SBS2. Better go out and get that set top box at lunctime today:D
So, I'm a bit of an amatuer when it comes to the massive tv my housemates put in the lounge. I usually watch SBS on channel 3, will this change for me tonight when I want to watch the tour?!?
All this new channel stuff is confusing.
and isnt the ashes on OneHD??

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cadel's team just rooted his chances for a podium finish. Tour is over for him.
Sure its made it hard for him, but I doubt its over for him.

All sorts of strange things happen in the tour over the 3 weeks. Who's to say another dog walking across the road won't take out half of the Astana team??

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
All sorts of strange things happen in the tour over the 3 weeks. Who's to say another dog walking across the road won't take out half of the Astana team??
that's probably more likely than cadel taking 3 minutes out of contador, armstrong, et al up mt ventoux. lets just hope they both happen...

maybe this means there'll be more than just one aussie to watch from here on in.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Poor cadel. He really needs to try and get on another team if he wants to win the tour.
Agreed, would make it a hell of a lot easier.

He's gonna have to be aggressive in the mountains tho, should be sick to watch :D .

Poor sod from bbox team leading 4 of their riders off the road into a paddock haha, might not have been too popular at dinner haha.

schmackster

NSWMTB, Manly Warringah MTB
So, I'm a bit of an amatuer when it comes to the massive tv my housemates put in the lounge. I usually watch SBS on channel 3, will this change for me tonight when I want to watch the tour?!?
All this new channel stuff is confusing.
and isnt the ashes on OneHD??
Hope you like cricket :D. You might have to watch it on your PC at www.sbs.com.au/tdf if you don't have can't get the digital channels.