help with 360s

lethalweapon

Likes Dirt
Hey guys
I need some help with 360s out of a quarter....
When i do 180s i hop of the quarter before the top of the lip and i was first wondering if that is what you are ment to do...or do i just spin?
and secondly is it easier to do them of a steaper quarter?
any help would be apreciated guys thanks:)

Chris

p.s I have looked in the search engine but i could not find what i was looking for...

maxell

Likes Dirt
360's

dont hop before you get to the lip
let the coping kick you up and start pulling and looking over your shoulder just as you leave the coping

hope this helps:cool:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
look for your rear axle and try not to pull the front up too much - you'll be fairly likely to catch your rear wheel on the coping as you come round, and that's no fun at all.

Rickystp0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Commit dont puss out. Commit at the right time and look round. Sounds easy. Is harder in practice. Heaps of practice. I have been able to get them for a while but it has only been recently they have been more consitent so just keep at it.

Im not sure if it is a personal thing but I can only spin out of steep things im hopless on mellow. I can still get the rotation I would just imagine it looks ghey and isnt as much fun.

Ozza

Eats Squid
look for your rear axle and try not to pull the front up too much - you'll be fairly likely to catch your rear wheel on the coping as you come round, and that's no fun at all.
Look for the rear axle....... Are you serious. He wants to learn how to 360 not dip them like Darren!

|Matt|

Banned
I never ended up trying to 360 before I sold the DJ bike, but when I did 180s on flat, I would just look as far over my shoulder as possible.
The further and harder you look over your shoulder, the faster and more precise your spin will be.

Rickystp0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Look for the rear axle....... Are you serious. He wants to learn how to 360 not dip them like Darren!
I think you mean not dip like Richard Swindel-Hurst. Umm no because looking at your rar axle gives you a flat spin and looking at the ground gives you a dipped spin. Can you even 3 Cam sorry I just never seen you ride park.

Ozza

Eats Squid
I think you mean not dip like Richard Swindel-Hurst. Umm no because looking at your rar axle gives you a flat spin and looking at the ground gives you a dipped spin. Can you even 3 Cam sorry I just never seen you ride park.
Nick Oriander told me this! Oh and by the way ricky no i cant 360 and what does it matter? Maybe you should try learn tricks over dirt from square one and see were im coming from.... Ever since you could 360 the whole world has heard about it.. maybe its about time you calm down!

26" pride

Last edited:

Rickystp0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nick Oriander told me this! Oh and by the way ricky no i cant 360 and what does it matter? Maybe you should try learn tricks over dirt from square one and see were im coming from.... Ever since you could 360 the whole world has heard about it.. maybe its about time you calm down!
Lol freaking aus. Nick oriander quit so........ and i ride park with bmxers....... see they can spin spine n stuff. dipped. Lol i have hard about croydon hills for like ages ever since au owned croydon hills everyone has heard about them

|Matt|

Banned
Lol freaking aus. Nick oriander quit so........ and i ride park with bmxers....... see they can spin spine n stuff. dipped. Lol i have hard about croydon hills for like ages ever since au owned croydon hills everyone has heard about them
Bragging about your tricks and bragging about your trails are two different things. You learn a trick and move on, Cam is always modifying Croydon Hills.

Plus, I never hear Cam talking about Croydon Hills, I hear you talk about your 360s at least once a day.

Ozza

Eats Squid

Is that right? Well i do happen to do dig there in and after the rain while your out riding your 24inch bicycle and polishing those rims of yours. Maybe my hardword is paying off? Nick Oriander owned park in the mtb region.

Good luck with the 360's Lethal, let us know how you go so some of us can put the advice into practice on our real wheel sized bicycles.

Last edited:

Rickystp0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bragging about your tricks and bragging about your trails are two different things. You learn a trick and move on, Cam is always modifying Croydon Hills.

Plus, I never hear Cam talking about Croydon Hills, I hear you talk about your 360s at least once a day.

Aus your a good guy I just wanted to know if you could do them didnt say anything about croydon hills and I admire you for been so persistant. Matthew. Wait on. You ride downhill. You dont ride street..... And when you did ride street you always used to say how good you are. I have clearly moved on to taiwhips but i dont brag about them because they are not dialled and I dont want to. Lets keep this thread on helping this kid tryin to learn 360s. Nothing else

Last edited:

|Matt|

Banned
Aus your a good guy I just wanted to know if you could do them didnt say anything about croydon hills and I admire you for been so persistant. Matthew. Wait on. You ride downhill. You dont ride street..... And when you did ride street you always used to say how good you are. I have clearly moved on to taiwhips but i dont brag about them because they are not dialled and I dont want to. Lets keep this thread on helping this kid tryin to learn 360s. Nothing else
What the hell? I was hopeless at street, my only street thing was huge manuals....complain to me on msn instead of making me out to be a liar on the forums.

Just keep looking over your shoulder for the 360s, and the more vertical your bike is, the easier it is to spin.

Drew.

Eats Squid
I can garentee you, that's not how to 3'0 like dazza. Look over your sholder or at your rear axle. You'll learn howto dip it on the way.

Rickystp0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What the hell? I was hopeless at street, my only street thing was huge manuals....complain to me on msn instead of making me out to be a liar on the forums.

Just keep looking over your shoulder for the 360s, and the more vertical your bike is, the easier it is to spin.
And you dont make me out to be a LIAR.
Anyway if you hae seen videos of people doing 720s jsut look how hard they look round. Visualize youself doing that then try it. If you already have 180's then you can just pull your handle bars up and you will pivot. Although this isnt a proper 360 the more confident you get the better it will become.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Well my DREW... haha tell me how to dip it like DAZ, Look in between your legs?
same thing. only keep your your arms straight and look for your rear axle through your underarms, not over your shoulder

oh and i missed all the other stuff, but you're an idiot if you thought looking at you rear axle alone would make you dip. where do you look when you 3?

lethalweapon

Likes Dirt
Hey thanks guys i will try some of these tips
dr smooth i will tell you guys if i pull one or even tell you if i see you again at croydon hills
thanks guys :)