do you listen to music when you ride?

• yes

Votes: 193 50.3%
  • no

Votes: 191 49.7%

• Total voters

cappa

Likes Bikes
Who listens to music when the ride, like a IPod or some other MP3 player?

I don't listen to anyting exept my bike interacting with the ground

what about you

benni

Banned
I dont, incase someone has crashed on the trail, somethings blocking it etc. wouldnt wanna risk hitting someone/something.

kyleman

Likes Dirt
yer i always do. Not so much when im jumping or doing some DH but when it comes to street or just getting there..yer, fo sure!

tinkerbell

Likes Dirt
tried when riding downhill did'ent work to well, but when riding to school or just around and about all way's. you cant hear wanker's yelling out of there car's :)

Last edited:

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Never downhill, can't concentrate with the music blasting away. But perfect for park, street and the dirt jumps.

Trevor_S

Likes Dirt
Who listens to music when the ride, like a IPod or some other MP3 player?
God no, I am not good enough and there is way to much to listen to, everything from the brids to the wind in the trees to some strange creak coming from the bike pre-warning me of impending doom :) or something caught in the rear cassette etc etc, that's on the MTB

on the road, way to much to pay attention to.

/\/\3qq3/\/\

Likes Dirt
Have never ridden with music and don't plan to.
Hate having things i my pockets.
If I had iPod shuffle, I would think about it.

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have never ridden with music and don't plan to.
Hate having things i my pockets.
If I had iPod shuffle, I would think about it.
The shuffle is perfect, don't even notice it's there. I've used the old long one and the new smaller one they're both sweet.

red_d0g

Likes Dirt
i do alot when i'm riding to somewhere, commuting etc but it's no good when your doing DH or DJ i can't concentrate...

Twitch

Likes Bikes
I usually just put my phone on loud and blast some beats for everyone to hear when we are dirt jumping/skate parking, or street riding, works good because you can still hear whats going on. Very good fun :D

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
always thought that it would be bad on the road as you wouldnt be able to hear the cars coming :confused:

caddy

Likes Dirt
I do when just cruising around or riding/walking to the DH tracks and occasionally keep it pumping during DH runs but not that often. I like to listen to music before a run though to get amped. It probably doesn't do anything speed wise but still, I reckon it puts you in a good mind set

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have but i could hardly hear the music 'cause i was riding sooo fast and the wind was in my ears:p
Seriously though...
The plastic cables get really annoying and slimy when you sweat aswell.
Oh, and the iPod earphones have a tendancy to fall out...going off a gutter.

mtb.rider.jd

Likes Dirt
I agree with what purt said about riding on the road. I wouldn't like that much. I usually go up to behind the local shops and muck around trying some street stuff up there and i listen to my tunes sometimes.

I couldn't do it for downhill, not in a fullface.

tu plang

knob
always thought that it would be bad on the road as you wouldnt be able to hear the cars coming :confused:
unless you have it ridiculously loud you still hear the cars. wind in your ears will drown out the sound of cars before music will.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
always on the road, not on the dirt though - i need full concentration then :eek:
Same here. Pretty much why I bought a nano shuffle. Not the biggest iPod fan but my shuffle is pretty much perfect for listening to music whilst having a bit of a lash on my roadie.