Zerode Katipo

fastrider gus

super huck
This thing is a whole new world.. long and slack 29er is my new favorite thing. Feels 100% at home almost straight away! I just need to get the shifting habit down pat so im not pausing to think about the shift every time. Love the action of it, i just havent touched gripshift since i threw one in the bin nearly 20 years ago.. shifting while not pedaling is amazing but the tricky thing is not being able to shift under any load, even with conventional gears i wouldnt just smash through them, but the pinion is very sensitive to load force while trying to shift and locks you out!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Looks like a great rig. I recently went from 26” traditional to new geo 29” and it only took a very short time for me to adjust and love it. Enjoy the ride mate

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
This thing is a whole new world.. long and slack 29er is my new favorite thing. Feels 100% at home almost straight away! I just need to get the shifting habit down pat so im not pausing to think about the shift every time. Love the action of it, i just havent touched gripshift since i threw one in the bin nearly 20 years ago.. shifting while not pedaling is amazing but the tricky thing is not being able to shift under any load, even with conventional gears i wouldnt just smash through them, but the pinion is very sensitive to load force while trying to shift and locks you out!

Especially with gears 4 and 8. They're the most sensitive.

discofrank

Likes Dirt

it wont take you long at all, its so easy now you cant even tell when i shift as the motion is smooth and timed
now learning to sprint accelerate and shift! thats a challenge

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome rig Wayne, so many firsts and so little green.
Interested to see how you go with the driveline, its a very appealing combo.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Awesome rig Wayne, so many firsts and so little green.
Interested to see how you go with the driveline, its a very appealing combo.
This isn't my one.. :) I have greened mine up some.

It is a great combo so far. Impressed with the silence and smoothness!

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Awesome bike.
just a question in general, do these gear boxes only work with gripshift?
There are one or two thumb shifter options out there but are expensive. One I saw required a shifter on each hand https://cinq.de/en/shifting-technology/428/shift-r-tour-for-pinion. There is a couple of diy ones out there that look promising so eventually they will be available. The gearbox uses two cables to shift, one is pulled, the other let go and the indexing is done at the gearbox end.
I didn't mind the grip shift but I found it uncomfortable and slippery without gloves.

fastrider gus

super huck
Decided to save the michys for trips away to the big hills. Phenomenal grip, by far the best tyres for all out traction that ive ever experienced, but on the flat and slightly uphill.. hell even slightly not that steep downhill, they are like dragging an anchor compared to what im used to.
Thought I'd give the Pirelli Scorpions a whirl, they look hella fast rolling while still having a decent amount of knob edge for diggin in..
No idea what they are like yet.. but would you just look at em..

fastrider gus

super huck
Couldn't leave it be... had to polish the crown..
Big boy tyres back on for a trip to a decent hill.
Im not sure what saddle to go for, i like the look of this WTB but its not that great on a trail bike. New Belair 3.0 maybe?

fastrider gus

super huck
Could you do the lowers too please? :oops:

Haha, nah she looks great mate!
Yea I've been thinking silver or black lowers would be more appropriate!
I was always planning on painting the frame red as soon as it arrived but the sharknado looked way cooler in the flesh than i thought it would.. also i had ran out of patience by then and just wanted to get it built..

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yea I've been thinking silver or black lowers would be more appropriate!
I was always planning on painting the frame red as soon as it arrived but the sharknado looked way cooler in the flesh than i thought it would.. also i had ran out of patience by then and just wanted to get it built..

Yes. :p

fastrider gus

super huck
Finally got around to a Bright mission.
Holy crap this bike is an animal! It really came alive on a propper hill, it also made me realize how washed up i am..
Hero into shred kelly was the choice of the trip, fast with nice jumps, exactly what i wanted..

I underestimated how many times i would be asked where the battery is on the bike..

Clip pedals are from my mate who took it for a couple of runs, he is a much better photographer than I am so i was stoked to get a couple of nice shots from him too.