Zerode Katipo

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Those tyres look like they are shaking in fear of not being able to withstand the speed and terrain that bike could handle lol

fastrider gus

super huck
Those tyres look like they are shaking in fear of not being able to withstand the speed and terrain that bike could handle lol
They are good for the flatter hardpack trails I was riding just before I came over west. Really quick rolling and they do have a decent amount of grip on smooth terrain but as soon as you cop some decent sized rock a loose surface into big berms, they get pretty bloody sketchy! Lots of braap which is good for giggles though..
Going back to some michelins

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Excellent!

Just need some cranks that aren't the zzzzz factory ones. Surely someone will do some eventually!

Apparently Ignite Components will be doing some in their spring, believe it when it happens though... Looks like they do some pretty funky finishes as well.

Their current cranks are about $700 AUD shipped, but you'd hope they'll be cheaper because they won't need the spindle.

fastrider gus

super huck
I was keen to get a set of Wasp carbon cranks for it but I keep getting distracted by other shiney parts!
Im not sure if he is still doing them. They were around $700 too.

wkkie

I was keen to get a set of Wasp carbon cranks for it but I keep getting distracted by other shiney parts!
Im not sure if he is still doing them. They were around $700 too.

I have seen those, but not really that keen on carbon cranks. Just personal preference I suppose...

rstim

Likes Dirt
I have seen those, but not really that keen on carbon cranks. Just personal preference I suppose...
Nor am I after seeing 1 guy snap 2 carbon cranks in a week during Trans Tas both from rock strikes but still no way I'd ever have a set.

Love the bike too @fastrider gus

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Nor am I after seeing 1 guy snap 2 carbon cranks in a week during Trans Tas both from rock strikes but still no way I'd ever have a set.

Love the bike too @fastrider gus

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
I don’t think mine was a rock strike, it appears the bond between the insert and the carbon just let go….couldn’t handle any more of me casing jumps lol

Rossco was incredibly unlucky to break two the way he did.

But yeah, I’m a little wary of my carbon cranks on my other bike now!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I did read (but cannot confirm) that the Hope eBike cranks might fit the Pinion gearbox.

I mean you'd have to buy them in silver and grind off the e-bike lazer etching, but they're nice looking cranks otherwise.

wkkie

I did read (but cannot confirm) that the Hope eBike cranks might fit the Pinion gearbox.

I mean you'd have to buy them in silver and grind off the e-bike lazer etching, but they're nice looking cranks otherwise.
Fairly sure I've looked into that previously and the number of splines number that the Pinion cranks use is different.

fastrider gus

super huck
Im not too worried about plastic cranks, I loved my last set of XO1s. Most of this thing is carbon now so it would be matchy matchy.

Lovin these new pedals too. The Chromags were awesome but I was smackin em into everything, thought I'd go for a more slender platform. Still ample grip and that little bit of extra clearance seems to make a big difference.