Zeb R damper vs Lyrik charger damper

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
I have a 2020 Lyrik Select which has a Charger RC damper.
I am looking for some info on the Zeb “Charger R” damper.
I’d like to know if the Zeb charger R is equivalent to the lyric charger rc?

I understand that the Zeb does not have low speed compression adjust which I am fine with. I’d just like to know how the zeb damper would feel compared to the charger.

Is the Zeb R charger damper more like a Yari motion control damper or the Lyrik charger damper?

Last edited:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a 2020 Lyrik Select which has a Charger RC damper.
I am looking for some info on the Zeb “Charger R” damper.
I’d like to know if the Zeb charger R is equivalent to the lyric charger rc?

I understand that the Zeb does not have low speed compression adjust which I am fine with. I’d just like to know how the zeb damper would feel compared to the charger.

Is the Zeb R charger damper more like a Yari motion control damper or the Lyrik charger damper?
I reckon they would be the equivalent looking at the diagrams..
Charger 2.1 rc/rct3 are blatter based and those diagrams show both are spring based which is very different than the motion control damper.. I had a charger rc damper in my revelations, was fine but nothing amazing on small bump stuff..

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
I also looked at the service manual for both dampers and the service instructions are the same. It’s just RockShox marketing are saying that this is an all new damper, so I’m assuming they’ve changed the internals.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You need real world experience, the valving inside the cart will determine whether they would suit a particular rider. That's an ancient design although it worked fairly well for what it was.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Looking at that cutaway of the Zeb Charger R the real thing lacking seems to be a compression piston. Maybe the other side of the rebound piston has a compression shim(s). Either way, it looks a bit crapulous.